“We were looking for authentic UK pub....found it.”
Review of Horse Shoe Bar

Horse Shoe Bar
Ranked #56 of 215 Nightlife in Glasgow
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Wife and I shared the Fish and Chips. Lots of fish and batter was light and tasty. Seems like everything needs just a little salt around here. My wife said the peas were a bit english. :-) Beer was cold and the fish hot. Good for lunch.

General Manager A, Manager at Horse Shoe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thanks for taking the time to post a review Ron, glad you enjoyed your fish and chips and beer.

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

We had eaten at a nearby bar, and decided to pop in here to see if the Bar was just as good as it had been on our last visit over a decade ago!!
We were not disappointed!
We were served promptly by a lovely and very attractive Irish girl.
Three pints of Guinness came to only£9.75! £9.75 for the centre of Glasgow! Amazing prices!
We soon found a table and settled down to watch the football.
Lovely pub and a really excellent pint.
We simply couldn't complain!
On our next visit, we must try the food to see if that is as good as the last time.

General Manager A, Manager at Horse Shoe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Hi Donald,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

We do pride ourselves on the quality of our beer and also the value!

We will pass the message on to the lady that served you.

Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2017

good entertainment with karaoke, well run and organised, always busy ...few bad points .....food isnt anywhere as good as it used to be , also there is a new toilet attendant who is quite intimidating for money when you use the upstairs toilet, also they dont stock bullmers/magners flavoured or pear ciders or crabbies alcoholic ginger beer

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for taking the time to review us and leave your kind comments.
As for the toilet attendant - we did have some in on the key nights during December when we were going to be busiest. We felt like they helped keep the place neat and tidy - if you were uncomfortable at all we hope that you raised this with the manager on duty who would have been happy to help you.

As for ciders - we do stock a range of flavoured Kopparbergs which we hope you would enjoy! We change our range from time to time so hopefully the next time you are in you will find something you love!

Thanks again, see you soon!

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

I was here on Saturday night with my sister. Usually the service is excellent. Unfortunately tonight it wasn't. I ordered a pint of cider and a sparkling water. I was brought the cider and tap water. I said to the barman I had asked for sparkling water only to be told I hadn't. He grudgingly brought me the sparkling water and a glass which turned out to contain vodka along with ice and lemon. As I am an alcoholic I fortunately noticed before drinking it. I asked another member of staff if I could speak to the manager. She passed on the message. No manager. I finally got a refund for the vodka and a fresh glass.
It still cost more than the next round did and no appearance from the manager!
Quite disgusted at this service from a previously excellent bar

3  Thank Dawn P
General Manager A, Manager at Horse Shoe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Hi Dawn, thank you for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service.
We apologise profusely that this issue wasn't dealt with in a more professional manner.

We really do strive to always deliver the best possible customer service and we can only apologise and hope that this doesn't taint your opinion of our establishment in the long run.

Hope to see you again.