Lowest prices for your stay
Traveluro
US$115
View deal
US$133
View deal
PricelineUS$125
TravelocityUS$133
Hotels.comUS$133
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

I would recommned this b and b as Gustavo was an outstanding host
He really was helpful during our two day stay
Rooms comfortable
Value for money
I will definitely come back if i am ever in Glasgow again
Thanks

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2018

The location was the only positive. When I arrived there, it took ages for anyone to come to door, so I was kept waiting out in the rain. The door was eventually opened by a man who knew nothing about my booking and had to ring someone else else who told him to allocate a room to me. He said he was only filling in for someone who was off sick, but that it looked to him from the booking confirmation I showed him that it hadn’t been paid in advance, which I said was wrong, but he agreed that I could check this with someone else in the morning. In the morning there was no one at all in attendance. I went to the breakfast room which was empty (at 8.15am) with no sign of life but with all the tables set out. I could have helped myself to cornflakes, crumpets and a yoghurt from the fridge, but chose to skip the breakfast in the end, having looked at what was on offer. I always travel with my own portable coffee-making equipment so I just made myself a decent coffee in my room. When I left at 9.30am there was still no one around, so I just left the room key on the table. So the previous night's Fawlty Towers had become a ghost hotel the following morning.

Room tip: Go somewhere else.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank CheviotSheepish
Reviewed 18 November 2018

The door bell sounds not in the staff area but across the hotel so latecomers wake the rest of us, the furniture is rickerty. Nobody cleaned the room throughout the three-night stay. The breakfast is white sliced, tea, coffee and cornflakes. One day there was juice. Some fruit. In order to create a series of high-ceiling rooms the original Georgian rooms have had cigarette-paper walls. Through these walls you can hear the whispered conversations and snoring of your neighbours. Fortunately these are largely drowned by the gear-changing traffic and the sounds of drunks as they fall out of the local club. The curtains are so thin that every time an emergency vehicle passes you receive a sound and light show. Somebody came into my room at 1.30pm and (same person?) tried again at 2.40. Presumably poorly guided by the night staff.

Room tip: Choose a high floor. Quieter
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Dan W
Reviewed 30 September 2018

A little disappointed considering the price but then maybe I am being too fussy as I have nothing to compare it to for the area. There was only one thing I could eat at breakfast as I don't do wheat or dairy. There was no hot option as I was looking forward to eggs. The place could do with a lot of tidying up, clocks on walls not working, light bulbs missing but again, I don't suppose it's classed as a boutique or pretending to be posh. The best thing about it was that it was very close to the very beautiful Botanic Gardens.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

When we arrived a lovely young man let us in. He went on to tell me that the manager wasn’t here.
He asked my name and started searching through the desk draws.
He didn’t seem like he found what he was looking for. He then was slightly rude saying I had not paid I explained that I knew I hadn’t late rooms whom I booked through didn’t take payment and I was to pay on arrival
He then rang the manager and said I had arrived he showed us to our room
I asked him where the free parking was as advertised he said round the back but that wasn’t accessible at the moment
So I ended up paying for on street parking which I was not amused by
The room was presented decent I mean what do you expect for £25 per person

The TV in the room didn’t work, so why was it there ? This wasn’t an issue for me but it was for my Grandmother

The window was a sash windows which wouldn’t close ! Not ideal lucky they had shutters which took abit of the chill off
The window sills were disgusting full of dead fly’s/ wasps urghhh

Beds and towels were clean and pretty comfy
The noise from the traffic on the street was bad but I can’t blame the hotel owner for that

Breakfast was ermmm poor ! Which I was looking forward to

Location of the hotel was perfect ! I would say that would be the only selling point

If you want to stay some where cheap with a rubbish breakfast stay here after all it was a bed for the night

Date of stay: September 2018