“Deliberately and unapologetically overcharging customers”
Review of The Wee Guy's Cafe

The Wee Guy's Cafe
Ranked #403 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Sushi, Deli, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Wee Guy's cafe/deli is now open from 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday inclusive. We have a great range of hot and cold food, all day breakfasts, pastries, sandwiches, sushi, salads, snacks, chocolate, coffees, tea and cold drinks to eat in or take away.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was a regular customer at Wee Guys until today. There have been some "staffing issues" according to the man who has been serving customers over the past week or so, and I let it slide when I was overcharged last week for my lunch, putting it down to teething problems. The banana, peanut butter and maple syrup on toast is clearly stated as £3.50 on the menu right above the counter, clear for all to see. The man asked me for £4.50 instantly followed by "is that the right price?" When I said no, it clearly states £3.50, he was adamant it was £4.50 "because I wanted banana with the toast"!!! Banana is in the menu description. I proceeded to leave without the £4.50 toast or apology from the staff member.
And lunch isn't much better either - selection is poor compared to before and portion sizes smaller.

It's a real shame as it was one of my favourite places to eat in Glasgow.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I'm a regular diner here at Wee Guys and have never had anything but good service and great food.
Today was a bit different though and I'm wondering if it's changed hands?
There was a very limited range of mains to go with the salads and none that were meat or dairy free which is unusual.
I opted for two salads and a bowl of soup. The soup was good but the portion size on the salads was poor, literally a dessert spoonful of each.
There's been some changes to the decor and layout, and the girl that served us said it was her first shift.
I'm hoping it's just a blip because it's one of my favourite city centre lunch spots.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Just wanted something simple and soothing after recovering from a tummy upset. Poached eggs on toast and an excellent pot of tea really hit the spot on a rainy afternoon. Nice casual, relaxed vibe and friendly staff.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I haven’t been to a really crap restaurant for years, but we managed it today ☹️
They got the coffee order wrong, despite my telling the waitress what I wanted twice, they served one of our dishes to another table, my toast was incinerated, the food was edible but not good, it was also overpriced, & to cap it all, there was wear/scratch marks round the rim of the plate!
I won’t be coming back here ☹️

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

For something different to the normal lunch break fare, I had been to The Wee Guy's Cafe several times before.
I got there about 1 pm yesterday and it was very busy but managed to find a table.
I had the chicken (the dish began with a Z but I didn't take a proper note) plus a choice of two salads. These salads are always interesting. I had one with lentils, beetroot and goat's cheese and another with tomatoes. Had this with a coffee. Good price for what you get.
Lots of interesting movie posters to catch the eye if you have a minute.
Recommended provided you need to remember it's likely going to be busy.