My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn, Glasgow Theatreland for 3 nights at the start of February.
We booked it because the hotel is really well-located in Glasgow: it is about 10 minutes' walk from Glasgow Central Station (which is where you arrive if you take the train from Glasgow Prestwick Airport), and also 10 minutes' walk from Glasgow Queen Street Station. It is also located, as the name suggests, in the heart of theatreland, and there is a cineworld (cinema) just next door.
The hotel was also good value and that is obviously a plus.
The room we got was on the 4th floor, nicely decorated and featured all the comfort you would expect in a respectable hotel: comfortable bed with a choice of soft or firm pillows, great bathroom with shower/bath, flat screen TV, tea & coffee (and hot chocolate!) making facilities (with biscuits!! which we thought was a nice touch). There is a lift to get there, but also stairs for the bravest! ;-)
Though the hotel is central, it was quiet at night and we slept very well; the only negative thing was the works going on across the street, which started early in the morning and were... noisy, but unfortunately there is nothing that could be done about that.
We had breakfast as part of our package, which was nice. The breakfast was a buffet with a choice of continental and Scottish hot breakfast. Continental: fruit salads, choice of cereals, choice of fruit juices, toasts, a small choice of pastries, cheese and cold meat. Hot breakfast: traditional Scottish breakfast (sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, scrambled eggs, black pudding, beans), which is not cooked on order so not always very fresh, but that's alright.
The restaurant was nicely decorated, French-themed, and offered a very reasonable pre-theatre dinner for about £16.00.
What made this hotel great was the staff, may it be at reception or in the restaurant, they were all lovely, very helpful, always had time to have a bit of a chat with you and recommend things to do or places to go when prompted.
All I can say is that we will definitely go back when in Glasgow, and I guess that says it all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland is ideally located in heart of the city's Theatreland district located in the heart of the city centre. The hotel is a perfect base from which to explore the many tourist attractions of central Scotland or enjoy the shopping in Glasgow which has some of the best selction of shops in Europe. The hotel benefits from a central location close to the M8 motorway and within walking distance of both Glasgow's rail and bus stations. All rooms have been completely refurbished in 2015. All rooms have modern individually controlled air con, 40 inch flat screen TV's with the full BT Sports package. The hotel has an award winning brasserie La Bonne Auberge that has been awarded an AA Rosette every year since 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Scotland