Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,303 results
All reviews bus station city centre concert hall buchanan galleries reception staff excellent location breakfast was included car park would highly recommend this hotel twin room stayed here for one night cooked breakfast hie
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I will start with the positives
Andy and his desk partner ( sorry can't remember your name ) were so kind and helpful to my husband while I unfortunately spent my stay in GRI.
I would give the staff including the lady who cleaned our room a five star rating

This hotel is well situated for bus and train stations, the room and shower room were spotless, we had a twin room and both beds were a good size and comfortable

Now the down side
The room was way to hot, no air conditioning we got a fan which helped a bit
We had to open the window to get some air, this resulted in noise from the traffic as the hotel is on a main road.
There are no drawers and very little cloths hanging space, so lived out of our case, there was an ironing board but no room to put it up, only one chair for two people?
The breakfast was very basic and not much choice
I wouldn't stay here again
Such a shame considering how nice the staff are

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia B
HIExpGlasgow, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and it is great to hear about the great service from our staff. I am sorry to hear our room facilities were not suitable for your needs and that you would not choose to stay with us again. As an Express Hotel, we meet the brand standards set out for an Express, however, IHG has a variety of hotel brands which may offer other facilities that may meet your needs more than an Express.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Good cheap place to stay. Good quality bed. Excellent customer service. Overnight i was bothered with some background noise from outside. Nothing major but might be enough not to let you sleep if you are a light sleeper like me. Breakfast was good. Recommended.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
HIExpGlasgow, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and your great comments about our good quality beds and excellent customer service. It is great to read your recommendation and I hope you will choose us again for any future visits to Glasgow.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed for four nights while attending a conference in Glasgow. Rate included a hot cooked breakfast. The staff - from reception, to breakfast service staff and housekeeping were exceptional. Comfy beds with two pillows - one hard and one soft. We definitely stay again - highly recommended. Book direct for the best rate!

Trip type: Travelled on business
HIExpGlasgow, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for your excellent feedback, our staff will be delighted with your fantastic comments. Look forward to welcoming you back.
Carol Dove

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express is in a great location, about 10 minutes walk from Central Station, and directly opposite Glasgow Caledonian University. It is close to shops and surrounded by great places to eat. Staff were very welcoming. Great service. Breakfast included in the rate. A little noisy because in the city centre, but shutting the window cuts out the noise. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled solo
HIExpGlasgow, GUest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and your great recommendation. It is lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I was forwarded to this hotel at 3:00 in the morning from a neighboring hotel of the same chain.
I stayed only for a few hours but I left with good impressions.
The stuff were very polite, the room was good and the bed comfortable. Breakfast was also good.

On the downside, the wifi signal was very poor on the room's desk, although good enough in other areas.
Also, my room had no bath or shower tub (you had to stand barefoot on the floor in order to have a shower). Obviously it was a room for people with mobility problems. Perhaps it was their last room, but even in that case I believe that they should have informed me.

Trip type: Travelled solo
HIExpGlasgow, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased to hear we could accommodate you at 3am when you were sent from another hotel. A number of our rooms have fully accessible bathrooms rather than shower cubicles, it may have been that when you checked in we had no other rooms available and I am sorry if this caused you any inconvenience.