I stayed here for two nights with my partner for a city break in Glasgow on a Thursday and Friday night. Parking is across the road from the hotel in a multi storey which was quite expensive although if staying at the hotel the cost isslightly discounted. On arrival in reception we were greeted warmly by the reception staff who were very friendly and helpful. Our room was average sized with a double bed and a sofa. Both the room and en suite were clean and well kept. My only complaint was the lack of mains sockets in the room - only 1 which means if you want to charge more than one mobile phone for example, you will need to stagger this.
On the first evening we asked the reception staff to book us a taxi to take us for dinner. By the time we arrived in reception the taxi had still not arrived and on several occasions the reception staff contacted the taxi company to chase up our taxi unprompted. The staff were really helpful and went way above their duty of care when they were clearly busy with other guests too.
Breakfast was a 'help yourself' buffet affair which was actually very well stocked with a really good choice considering it's a Holiday Inn Express. The only disappointing thing is the cooked option consisted of three items only (sausage, beans and scrambled egg) however this isn't really a bone of contention as there was plenty of other things to eat (muffins, croissants, toast, cereal etc).
The hotel is really well placed for shopping, only a 3 minute walk from Sauchiehall Street and lots of other attractions. I would definitely return to this hotel in the future although the price tag is a little over what I would normally be willing to pay for what I consider to be a budget hotel. The customer service on this occasion makes up for it in my eyes though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is ideally situated in the heart of the city within the Theatreland district. Glasgow boasts a wide variety of shops, from high street stores to the fabulous Buchanan Galleries, the exclusive Princes Square and Italian Centre, and they are all within easy walking distance of the hotel. The hotel has 118 well appointed rooms and all rates are inclusive of continental breakfast and FREE Wifi access. The hotel has a bar which is open from 12:00 until late and a vending area where guests can purchase a wide selection of drinks and hot and cold snacks. The hotel is a perfect starting point for visiting the Highlands, Trossachs and other major towns and cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland Scotland