Next door to Glasgow Queen Street Railway Station and the bus station, a Cineworld on one corner and the Concert Hall, umpteen cafes and restaurants on the doorstep. Just round the corner and you're into Sauchiehall Street. What a find! The room was basic but surprisingly roomy with a comfy settee to loll on to watch TV, as well as a comfortable bed with a choice of "firm" or "soft" pillows. The shower room was fine with good quality soap and shower gel. Everything was spotless.
As a lone traveller, it was good to know that a basic, but adequate breakfast was available "in house" and if I'd wished, a pizza could have been ordered from Reception. I look forward to future visits to the hotel, alone or with my partner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is ideally situated in the heart of the city within the Theatreland district. Glasgow boasts a wide variety of shops, from high street stores to the fabulous Buchanan Galleries, the exclusive Princes Square and Italian Centre, and they are all within easy walking distance of the hotel. The hotel has 118 well appointed rooms and all rates are inclusive of continental breakfast and FREE Wifi access. The hotel has a bar which is open from 12:00 until late and a vending area where guests can purchase a wide selection of drinks and hot and cold snacks. The hotel is a perfect starting point for visiting the Highlands, Trossachs and other major towns and cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland Scotland