“Brilliant - can't wait to return!!”
Review of The Roxy 171 - CLOSED

The Roxy 171
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My friend had booked this and I had never heard of it! What a fab evening we had - a great wee find. The food was superb - I had pulled pork chilli and it was delicious although the portion was a little on the small side! My friend had Lamb Kofta and salad which she thoroughly enjoyed. The waiter could not have been more helpful as we bombarded him with questions about the menu and wine!! We had the offer of 2 main meals and a bottle of wine for £20 but upgraded to a very nice Sauvignon Blanc for an extra £5. To top it off, they were holding a free comedy night - Cheap Laughs in the basement and that was brilliant. Overall a great experience, great food and we will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Went for an itison deal with my girlfriend, started well, nice enough place, friendly staff, we both ordered the burger, meal arrived, looked good, a tad bulky for my liking, like to eat a burger with my hands not with cutlery, but that's a small thing, I had 3 issues, my girlfriend ordered a white wine, £5:20 over priced, my personal pet hate, smokers at the open door, and one was a staff member, I don't want to smell that filth when I'm eating, last but not least, while driving home my stomach started hurting, was on the toilet 6 times that night,coincidence? Who knows.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

What a great find! We had an itison voucher and went for a meal last night, not a large menu but still enough to make you change your mind several times and the food tasted great.
Such a laid back place and the staff were very welcoming.
We will definetly be going back soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Nice local venue to grab some food and drinks. The food selection is limited but the atmosphere is laid back. And the prices are affordable.

Great place to watch the football on a large screen.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

First went here with an ITISON deal and have been back many times since. Food is fabulous and excellent value for money - my husband says the beef burgers are the best in town! I usually get the veggie burger which is fantastic and love the fact it's real vegetables and not just a reconsitituted mush. It's quite amazing how they provide such a varied and freshly prepared menu in the tiny wee kitchen area, I really don't know how they do it. The staff are always lovely, very attentive, friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is relaxed. Although we live on the Southside of the city, we always feel very comfortable here so it's top of our 'must visit' list when we're going anywhere in the West End.