“excellent burger”

The Roxy 171
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2013

went last week with a friend from work,,,,,,,didnt know what to choose from the menu and was glad the waitress told us to choose the burger. It was a big burger served with potato salad and coleslaw,this was a nice change to the usual chips. Ate the lot. Will definitely return,went with a voucher so the meal was not expensive.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband and I visited here on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago with our Itison vouchers. I was a little disappointed when we walked in as the décor is really quite shabby and there isn't much of an atmosphere. We sat upstairs and ordered a burger for my husband and chilli for me. When the food arrived my chilli was cold so we sent it back - it arrived back less than two minutes later so had obviously been microwaved but it did taste good... My husband really enjoyed his burger. It was a tasty meal but we were put off by the actual venue so unfortunately won't be returning...

1  Thank jblox78
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Spent a pleasant, chilled out Sunday afternoon here, nice friendly staff, service perhaps a wee bit slow but overall good. Stand out was the burgers, deelish, one of the best I've had. Good £20 deal to be had although we upgraded our wine to a nicer bottle for a few extra quid. Would go back.

1  Thank weemoose
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I've visited the Roxy 171 a number of times, and the thing that draws me back is the good, hearty cheap food and reasonable drink prices with a friendly local vibe about it.

There are a number of deals to be had here, such as there soup and a sandwhich for £5 deal, or the two mains & a bottle of wine (or 4 pints of beer) for £20. A price that really can't be beat!

And the food, it's good. It's nice to get a slightly unusual menu, with plenty of choice for all palates. My personal favourites are the tortizza's (a tortilla base with pizza topping, smothered in sauce and generous with toppings) or the butternut squash and aubergine burger with goats cheese and a side of coleslaw. The portions are generous and filling, and the prices very competetive.
(around £4 for a starter - it's only £1.50 for olives or bread, £4 for pudding and £8ish for a main and about £5 for a sandwich)

The music is eclectic, with something for everyone, and thankfully always set at a level that is easy to talk, even across a large table. The decor is modern, and clean and the staff friendly.

Another positive is that this is a dog friendly pub, so somewhere for pooch owners to hang out & meet. Oh and the white russians are lovely, and they do specials on drinks from £1.50, and a bottle of wine from £11.

There's a venue downstairs that quite often has bands play, or stand-up comedy nights, it's a nice little space. I think it can also be hired out privately.

We'll be back! See you there!

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Second time we have visited and second time ive walked away feeling the same way. The food is good and prices good too, however service could be whole lot better.

. The staff are nice but we often feel unimportant and forgotten about

We finished our meal and awaited our bill. There was a table in whom were clearly regulars, that finished 5 or so minutes after us. We were completely ignored and had to wait until the regulars were looked after.

Put a complete negative spin on the night, Im so annoyed because the food is good, dont think ill be giving the roxy 171 another chance!