“Great location and customer service”

Charing Cross Guest House
Ranked #17 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2011

This place won't win any prizes for looks. Yes the interior is outdated, but it's clean and the service is brilliant. Breakfast is also huge and tasty too! Although we had a shared bathroom it was great to have a sink and mirror in our room. Wifi service was disappointing though, struggled to maintain a connection to it most times we logged on.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 February 2011

I had seen much negative reviews of this hotel on here, and when I found this, it put me off a bit, but I booked anyway. But when I walked into the hotel, I was given a warm welcome by the staff, and when I went to my room, its definitely worth the price of a nice night in.

The hotel has wi-fi, which makes for a fun night of surfing the net should you have a PC, it is a very quiet hotel. And breakfast is amazing, since you get a Full-English breakfast, with the option of having scones, croissants, coffee, and juice. The rooms are comfortable and quite roomy as well.

I was at a conference while staying here and this made for a very pleasurable stay, and completely changed my opinion which I am disappointed to say was changed at first by the majority of the reviews.

It made for a very good accommodation!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Gosh where should I start?????
It may be cheap accommodation, but honestly I would have gotten more out of a hostel or even prefered to pay double for atleast a 3 star hotel.
The blanket had burn marks,room was FREEZING, one could not open the bathroom door without slamming it against the sink, hand towel was missing, the bathroom ventilator was extemly loud and cold air came out of it ..dreaded having a shower.Cupboard only had 2 hangers in it.ha ha
As for the staff..apart from a girl who worked in the restaurant I found ALL staff were RUDE and very UNHELPFUL!! Everytime I asked a question they acted very annoyed at me and the only reply I got was "DUNNO""....I mean hello???Did any of the staff here get even basic training???? Not a single effort was made to assist me.I know the place is CHEAP, but please..after all we do pay your wages!!!!!
Theres no communication and they do not even answer their emails or even read the guests requests for the bookings??!!!!
They do not even put salt or grit on their outside steps, which is a major health and safety issue...hint hint!!!!!
There are lots of places to stay on the Renfrew Street, so pease even if you are REALLY desperate..DO NOT GO TO CHARING CROSS GUESTHOUSE (GLASGOW)!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank worldtravellerdec10
Reviewed 2 October 2010

very happy with this hotels service, recieved a warm welcome from the staff and was given information about the hotel. then was offered a free room upgrade :) rooms are very basic but clean and has a tv. i stayin in an non en-suite but the bathroom was right next door to my room. the only downfall was the farm alarm going off at 6am even though there was no fire ! other guest didnt seem to react to this which i found very strange but hey! could have been worse, at the leats the alarm worked. id say this type off accommodtion was for young people just looking for somewhere to crash out for the night or someone not expecting much from a hotel as its very basic but was only £28 which included one night stay and breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I would never stay at this guest house we got checked in went to room.. Room was actually stinking of smoke looked dirty, sheets looked minging was actually a dive wouldn't put my dog in it for 1 night . we checked back out never even got our money back but am takin this further and iv advised them to get Kim and aggy in

1  Thank Lynnebx