“Best ice cream!”

Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Italian, Scottish, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open since 1931, The Brooklyn Café has served its fair share of customers. With an American/Italian menu in the restaurant patrons can choose from plenty of classics from a freshly rolled pizza to full rack of babyback ribs and everything in between!Leaving with a smile on your face is a safe bet though as the homemade Ice-Cream has been a massive hit and is made daily on site. With more experience than most of the the surrounding eateries put together the Brooklyn café know how to keep everyone happy.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The only place to go in the South Side when it’s hot and you need a good ice cream. Staff are always lovely - Michael deserves a particular mention!

Enjoy cooling down!

1  Thank Kimmy S

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Funny story: the day my Mum turned 65 we went to a posh winery in NZ for lunch. They were rude cause we had jeans on and we hadn’t booked. My Dad thought this was hilarious so I said for his birthday i’d call the restaurant and ask them to be rude To us. When my Dad (a toy boy obviously) turned 65 he wanted to go to this cafe cause they do lovely soup. We’d been there a day or two before and it was nice. The food was nice again but we must have upset the waitress cause we got pointedly ignored for 15 mins, gave up on coffee and dessert and just walked up and paid. The food is consistently nice, so is the coffee but I’ve never been served by the same person twice, I’ve been told off for going up to pay cause it’s table service and other times (see above). I was going to mention the manager (I think) next time I went in but when I did he greeted the two people behind me and looked at the wall behind me. I do occasionally go in there. My dad now thinks I asked them to carry on like that. Do go there but not one for special occasions and if you’re female try and be under 35 and in a pack (we go invisible after a while I find ;)

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I have visited the Brooklyn several times. Most recently I was there with my son and his wife for lunch My daughter in law had smashed avocado on toast and enjoyed it. My son and I each had the veggie breakfast. The service was efficient and thoughtfully friendly. I'm not a fan of fried tomatoes, and when I ordered mine without tomato I was offered extra mushrooms which suited me fine. We finished with ice cream and really enjoyed it. I understand that different people may have different experiences but my experience at the Brooklyn has been consistently good.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Been coming here since my children were little but not been for a few years as moved. Still excellent. Good value friendly staff in Michael and Andrea who dealt really nicely with a sudden rush of customers. ( although some of the customers clearly expected octopus’s who could serve lots of people at once). Brilliant ice cream and a nice place to sit and watch the world. There are not enough proper cafes anymore.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

As titled... ordered three coffees, no food. The table next to us also ordered two coffees. We waited 15 mins and still no coffees. The table next to us got their coffees served, and then asked if they could also order food. This food arrived before our coffees. When I asked why the delay, we were told they were busy. Waited about 30 mins for our coffees to arrive, which I don’t think is acceptable.

Their toilets are not clean and very outdated. There is a hole in one of the walls! Money needs spent on the toilets urgently. They clearly make enough money from their overpriced menu.

Would recommend Gusto and Relish on pollokshaws road. Far better!!!