Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,012 results
All reviews menzies hotel leisure facilities city centre secure parking steam room leisure club car park room was large reception staff hallmark gym hydro wee pounds concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2021

I always like to start with positives. The breakfast was brilliant and staff on reception were much more attentive in the morning.
My wife planned this as a getaway for us and from checking in it was made abundantly clear this was a hotel for checking in, getting dressed and coming back at silly o clock.
We made the mistake of going to your bar for a drink around 6pm. I felt so sorry for the member of staff working, I dont know her name but she was amazing, dealing with all aspects of food and beverage whilst being made to bring higher levels of staff coffee and tea. Surely paying customers have priority?
I ordered a chocolate brownie which had to be sent back twice and I was told by a man on reception all desserts are made in house, for £6.95 I would like to think so but I think we know the truth in this matter.
I would also like to thank your establishment for having no clue how to deal with a fire evacuation. We were told to get outside, no further information given. The most stressing matter is upon getting back in, no information was provided, no apology was offered.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul Walbancke, Guest Services / Front Office at Glasgow Argyle Hotel, BW Signature Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2021

Good day,
Thank you for the comments about the staff. I would like to point out though that you have also left a similar review on another well known website about the same experience and wonder why you feel the need to do so again?
I will say that the staff members in the hotel do not prioritize customer service to other staff over guests. I was working in this area on the evening you mentioned and this did not happen.
With regards to the brownie I have already responded that this is a matter of taste as we have a very experienced chef and that we do not as a norm have any item sent back twice. At the time you were offered an alternate dessert which you declined and also a refund which was declined.
The fire evacuation was handled well by the team and no guest would be told to get outside but be asked to leave. We do not elaborate any further as this is the area of the fire marshal to investigate upon arrival. We also do not apologize for any fire evacuation as this is a life saving procedure and as such no apology for carrying out whether real or false is given.

The hotel welcomes genuine feedback, however the feedback provided here is spurious and is not a true reflection of the matters you have now reviewed twice about.

Reviewed 15 December 2021

Could not believe the treatment and poor customer service of staff members, we arrived at the hotel around 4.30pm ( 30 minutes after check in time) to be met with a receptionist stating “your rooms not ready so I’ll write some complimentary drinks out for you” she handed us these pieces of card and we asked how long our room would be we were met with a dismissive shrug of the shoulders, we even offered to downgrade our room as we were in a bit of a hurry to attend a night out this apparently was not possible.
We attended the bar area and asked for our drinks my partner asked if he could have a cracken rum and coke. The barman couldn’t be less interested in us and stated the vouchers were for house drinks only. We ordered our drinks and I heard him ask the receptionist “what are they getting these for”.
Eventually our room was ready 15 minutes afterwards although if we didn’t kick up a fuss about it who knows how long we could have been waiting for before going up to our room a receptionist asked for payment for the room. We had booked this through a my hotel break voucher the receptionist was informed of this and gave us our room keys.
We were situated in a master bedroom on the 7th floor the room was huge but totally dated the toilets stunk of sewerage the room could do with a good freshen up never the less the bed was comfortable but for almost £200 a night i would have liked to think so.
The morning after we attended breakfast it was okay, we had a bit of a thirst and asked for two soft drinks we had originally asked for coke but we were then told they only have Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi I fail to see how a hotel only serves diet soft drinks and no full fat ones.
The icing on top of the cake was during check out we were met again with a receptionist who when checking us out couldn’t grab the card machine fast enough to inform us that we hadn’t payed (even though the other receptionist who asked the night before was standing right beside her and saying nothing) my partner had informed this was a voucher and gift and was already paid to which the receptionist said “well where’s your proof” my partner kindly opened his emails to show the receptionist an email from the hotel with a bill and the vouchers used. The receptionist then blatantly said “well I don’t see that as proof of payment so I’m going to have to take payment” totally embrassing us in front of the que of people now forming who were waiting to check out. My partner quiet bluntly stated we were not paying as it had already been paid for we were then threatened and met with well “I’ll have to speak to my manager because you haven’t paid for the room”
Surprise surprise no manager on shift so we then left the property only for my partner to receive a phone call as we were pulling out of the car park stating “I’ve just seen the confirmation email and it says to pay at hotel” my partner then informed the receptionist that if she looked further down the email it then takes the voucher money off and INFACT the hotel owed us £9.00! The receptionist then informed my partner “well my hotel break hasn’t paid us” my partner then becoming increasingly annoyed with the sheer rudeness that was being displayed towards us stated “this is not our problem” the receptionist then ended the phonecall advising us she would contact my hotel break and see what the problem was since Sunday we’ve had no further phone calls pestering us for money so I’m assuming all was well however it would’ve been nice to be contacted by the receptionist and an apology be made.
All in all I’m glad this was a hotel gift as I would have been so much more annoyed if I had paid almost £200 for the hotel room and experience as it was nothing more than a total disgrace.
BWH should be looking into this as the customer service is appalling!!
Im now in touch with my hotel break about this as I feel our voucher experience was ruined with this hotel hopefully the take them off the voucher to stop some other poor person having to go through this again.
Will not be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmabQ5620CP
Paul Walbancke, Guest Services / Front Office at Glasgow Argyle Hotel, BW Signature Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2021

Hi Emma,

I am very sorry for the recent experience that you have had at the hotel. This is not the type of service we aim to deliver, nor is it the service we expect from our staff members.
I have communicated your points on to the relevant managers as a matter of urgency to address with their teams.
I am saddened that you would be put off staying. I would like to offer you a 1 night complimentary night staff for two with breakfast to attempt to redress the bad experience you had.
Should you wish to take up this offer, please call the hotel and ask for my details. I will send confirmation email. Tripadvisor does not allow me to post my contact direct to you.

Once again I am very sorry and hope we can right the situation.

Reviewed 14 December 2021 via mobile

Had a 2 night stay here recently, first of all a special thank you to Jordan and Natalie who were working in the bar. They two were such pleasant staff and made us feel so welcome.
Nice welcome at the reception and our family room was huge and the beds were comfortable. Only little gripe we had was our air conditioning wasn't working and the window was a sealed unit so couldn't open it. The room got quite warm which could be hotter in the summer.
We used the spa facilities and the
girl who was working there Sunday morning 12/12/21 again was really pleasant and helpful.
Stayed here a few years ago and will definitely be back again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul Walbancke, Guest Services / Front Office at Glasgow Argyle Hotel, BW Signature Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2021

Hi BB601,

Many thanks for the lovely review especially regarding Jordan and Natalie. I am sure that they will booth be very pleased to hear that they made a lasting impression on your stay.
I am sorry about the aircon issue that you had. I will pass this feedback onto maintenance to resolve before the next guest.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 9 December 2021 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel had 3 rooms booked we all had a great stay rooms very spacious, rooms a bit dated but we're clean and beds comfortable. We had a great time in the pool and sauna. All the staff that we spoke to were lovely. We had dinner and a few drinks bar staff lovely nothing was a bother and the food was beautiful. Good breakfast in the morning again the lady working in the restaurant at breakfast was lovely. Kids really enjoyed this hotel. Only 1 complaint I have is checkout is 11 o'clock but we had someone bang on the door at 9.30 for housekeeping and then again at 10.30 but apart from that everything else was great.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul Walbancke, Guest Services / Front Office at Glasgow Argyle Hotel, BW Signature Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2021

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the kind review you have left. I am glad that you enjoyed the leisure facilities and found the beds to be comfortable. Our staff will be pleased that you found them attentive. This is something we continually strive for.
I am sorry for the early wake up. This is something I will pick up with our Housekeeping team.

I hope that we can welcome you again to the hotel.

Reviewed 7 December 2021 via mobile

Jess on the front desk couldn’t of been more helpful. After a mix up with our business booking and them being closed she genuinely went completely above and beyond resolving our issue
. Couldn’t of been more grateful.

The level of service you professionalism you showed towards our whole team was exceptional.

I couldn’t thank you enough! You made a troublesome stay ever the much easier

Trip type: Travelled on business
Paul Walbancke, Guest Services / Front Office at Glasgow Argyle Hotel, BW Signature Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2021

Hi Kev,

Many thanks for the review.
Jess will be delighted about the mention. She is one of our rising stars when it comes to customer service.

I hope you come back to us soon.