Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
HolidayInn.com
US$280
US$211
  • Pool
Fraser Suites Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$345
Agoda.com
US$168
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$297
Cancelon
Hotels.com
1,312 results
All reviewscity centremeal dealfree car parkingbusy roadargyle streetshort walkfamily roomexcellent staystayed here for nightscomfortable roomideal locationbudget hotelbuffet breakfastshort staycentral stationgorbalsinns
Reviewed 25 May 2015

I stayed during a particularly busy Bank Holiday weekend and the hotel was full of children who were competing at a karate event. Despite this, the sound proofing is good enough in the hotel that I managed a good night's sleep. I consider that a triumph of hotel design.

The Gorbals area doesn't have the best historic reputation but I got back to the hotel after a night out with no problems whatsoever. It seems to me that the area is safe and trouble-free.

Hotel staff were uniformly excellent, which is another plus. Overall, at £35 a night I feel I got good value from my stay.

Room Tip: I'd always ask for one that isn't directly above the hotel entrance.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2015

This hotel is excellent value for money and the fact that they have a car park is a real boost. Arrived here prior to the 2 pm check in, but that wasn't a problem. The lady at reception was so friendly and helpful and advised us that our room was ready if we wanted it. Our room was just what we expected from a premier inn.

The bar area was adequate and again service with a smile.

As the hotel has excellent parking facilities we have already booked for our next visit.

Yes it is in the gorballs and only a 10 minute walk, not a problem during the day. Not sure if I would fancy waking back there in the evening, but taxis are not expensive so really not a problem.

All in all a great hotel

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

I absolutely cannot fault the staff, who were the friendliest I've ever encountered, or the cleanliness which was top notch. The restaurant is, however, too small and the food is mediocre at best. Presentation seems to trump quality and quantity. The breakfast buffet, always a favourite with us, wasn't on because there weren't enough guests. We were very disappointed with this as like to help ourselves at our own convenience not wait whilst it's cooked to order.

I would definitely stay here again but wouldn't use the catering facilities.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Fourth stay at this hotel. Staff are excellent, friendly but not "in your face", good food, comfy bed and a good nights sleep. Couldn't really ask for more. Will stay here again if in the Glasgow area.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2015

Stayed here on a one night work stay to attend a meeting the following day. The hotel address is in the infamous 'Gorbels' area which concerned me somewhat, but the area itself has clearly undergone some upgrading.

The hotel is next to a railway viaduct, however there is very little noise from it. The rooms were spacious, modern, clean and appeared new. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great!

The bed was as expected, comfortable and large with a choice of pillows. There was tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Wardrobe facilities were sparse with only room enough to hang a couple of days worth of clothes, but not much more; that said premiers aren't really know for their 2 week package deals! Could have done with a trouser press....yes i know its old hat, but needing to attend an important meeting the following day i wanted to ensure a good impression!

Dinner was served in its own restaurant/bar area; this was the hotels let down.... staff didn't seem to be unable to cope withe amount of people dining and our order was pretty much all wrong, with the exception of a pizza! it took in excess of 80 minutes to actually get some food, then at payment time that was wrong too. On to the bar... not very big, certainly not big enough for the amount of rooms, and you can't use the dining area to sit whilst people are eating. It was totally understaffed and the one girl on the bar was having to go and help in the dining area. Gave it up as a bad job and had an early night.

Room Tip: only 30 minutes free wi-fi. ask for a room to the left of reception (as you look at it) to avoid the railway.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business