“Superb cheeses”

Barolo Grill
Ranked #102 of 2,543 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Situated on Mitchell St, Barolo Grill is two minutes walk from Central Station, Queen Street Station and the Buchanan St Underground Station. Ideal for a business lunch in one of our comfortable booths, celebrations and large parties, graduations and even just to take the weight off your feet while shopping with a well earned glass of Prosecco. The clue is in the name, as they say - and Barolo Grill is no exception. We pride ourselves on our top quality Scottish steaks, meats and seafood, cooked to perfection, and served with a contemporary Italian touch. Our extensive wine list offers the best in Italian varietals, and of course a superb selection of Barolo wines. We also specialise in superb focaccia and pizza, baked in our traditional Italian pizza oven and topped with fresh ingredients.
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This is a good restaurant with the fagioli e pasta being a lovely starter and the sea bass being my favourite main course. I don't always have a desert but the cheese board here is always delicious.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This was my first trip to Barolo Grill and it was a very enjoyable experience and this was largely in part to the service my family and I received. Right from the moment we walked in, we were made to feel very welcome. The starters arrived in no time at all, as did the mains and we were not disappointed with the quality, which was refreshing for a busy Saturday night.

I would like to say a huge thank you to one of the waiting staff who did an amazing job for what I believe was only her second shift with the establishment. I didn't catch her name, but she was welcoming, cheerful and attended to all of our needs. I will definitely be visiting again!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely staff and excellent customer service. Welcome treat after putting my car in for service. Would definitely recommend. I had the full Scottish breakfast, cooked perfectly and my sister had scrambled eggs with salmon. Perfect

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Of an age to recall how this place was at one time the Italian restaurant of choice in Glasgow ( L'Ariosto) it was very disappointing to see how bland and uninspired it has now become. I had dinner here last night for the first time in over 15 years. The decor was like the dining room of a three star hotel. The staff were emotionless and the food formulaic. I think the moon could have had more atmosphere. I won't be back I'm afraid.

1  Thank AllanWanderlust
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Went here with a couple of friends. Starters were lovely and came really quickly. It was my main that disappointed. I ordered fillet steak, medium rare and it was very chewy and difficult to cut. What I did manage to eat wasn't very tasty. Stick to the pasta if you go here as my colleague ordered t-bone rare and it was cooked well done :(

1  Thank G C