“Great hotel for a short break.”

Millennium Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #80 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for a short break.”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We booked a 1 night stay at the Millenium on Late Rooms and got a bargain! £55.00.

Room was very clean, plenty towels and spare pillows/sheets.

Hotel is in a great location, with great pubs and shops near by!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Lisa_Ruxton, Sales Team at Millennium Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel and in Glasgow itself. We are in close proximity to great pubs and shops which I hope you took full advantage of and enjoyed. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Central location. Good sized rooms not spoilt by being next to the railway station. Perhaps not the very best hotel, but decent value for money. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am happy to read your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

fife,scotland
Reviewed 26 February 2012

stayed at this hotel last night ,25th february,3 rooms,6 adults.no complaints,had a normal room which was clean and nice.were at back next to station but you could only hear a noise if you opened the window.breakfast great .was a bit worried about going when i read some of the reviews but we would definately stay again .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank val463
Thanks you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend in Glasgow an I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lisa
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights this week. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. The cons 1. Hotel was very hot. I am sure the heating is cranked up in some hotels so guests spend more on drinks at the bar. 2. The standard room was a decent size but quite tired looking and was dull and stuffy and hot. 3. The air conditioning was very noisy but had to be on at all times because the room was so hot. 4. The shower was extremely hot and could not seem to be adjusted. 5. The water from the cold water tap was warm so could not get a drink of water in the middle of night. I had to phone for a bottle of water from room service which was warm and the night porter demanded £4 at the door at 3am in the morning, instead of just adding it to our bill. 6. Our room was right beside the housekeepers room and we were woken up quite early in the morning by them. 7. I booked and payed through superbreaks and dinner was included on the 1st night which was nothing startling. As we ordered 2 drinks with our meal we were stopped on our way out of the restaurant and asked to leave our card details to pay for the drinks. As we were in a hurry to go to a concert we thought we would wait and do this the next day. We got a letter the next morning asking for card details again, I did this straight away but explained we were staying another night and only had 2 drinks on our bill. It made us feel like they thought we were going to do a runner. 8. The breakfast was quite poor for a 4 star hotel. A very disappointing stay. The concert we went to at the O2 and the excellent meal we had at the Athena Greek restaurant made our break enjoyable. This hotel was just somewhere to sleep. Customer service needs to be improved at this hotel, although the gentleman who checked us in was very good at his job.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am extremely disappointed to read your review and I can assure you that all of these comments have been passed over to the relevent department managed for review. With regards to customer service this is not our normal standard of service and I would like to welcome you back to the hotel in the future to reinstore your faith in the Millennium Hotel Glasgow.

Kind Regards

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

scotland
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Having had a pleasent experience a few years ago staying at this hotel i was looking forward to staying again. Unfortunately over the years it looks like this hotel has been neglected somewhat and could really do with a re vamp, the bar and lobby area where as i remembered very grand and service was faultless. The room I stayed in was a decent size but was very tired looking. Another issue was the noise level, as i was staying in the middle of a city adjacent to george square of course i anticipated there being a certain amount of noise but after complaining to reception was told there was no other avalable rooms i dont think the old fashioned sash windows (although very nice) helped and the hotel should really consider upgrading the windows as my sleep was very disturbed with all the late night revellers and traffic. Its a pity the hotel is only a shadow of its former self, a bit of time and effort and maybe it can be back up there with the other great hotels of glasgow!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are slightly less noisy
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am disappointed to read that your return visit to Millennium Hotel Glasgow was not to your expectations. I can assure you that I have passed this information over to my management team to review and I would like to personally apologise that the level of noise from outside effected you in this way. We are in the process of a refresh programme and we have recently installed new plasma screen televisions. I hope we can welcome you back to Millennium Hotel Glasgow in the future.