“Great stay for the girls!”

Hotel Indigo Glasgow
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Myself and three friends decided to book this hotel as it allowed us all to share the one room for a night out in Glasgow. We stayed here on a busy Friday evening and i simply couldn't fault the overall experience. The reception staff were excellent and really friendly, i was concerned they would be a bit frosty given that we were all in the one room and might think we were a hen night or be a bit rowdy but they didn't question this. The room was lovely with two large double beds, decorated to a high standard and spotlessly clean with a huge bathroom and lots of fluffy towels. The free mini bar was a nice touch and staff were happy to help with any queries we had. We didn't sample the food or the bar service but i would recommend this place highly. I also noted that as were checking out several repeat customers were arriving so it can't be bad.

Room Tip: We plumped for a 'blue' room which was very nice!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank SJ1176
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Went for the weekend. The room was spotless and quiet at night. Everything you need for a luxury weekend. The only draw back were the meals, dinner at night was poor,hardly any choice and when it came it was dry and tasteless. How Tam Cowan gave it 24/25 I'll never know, could they have known he was coming. Breakfast disappointing too,it was cooked for you but had long wait and enough for me but not for my husband. Really disappointed. Can't praise staff enough though everyone very polite and helpful, especially on reception where it matters.Would stay there again

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jinty179Ayrshire

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with the offering in Limelight Bar & Grill.

When staying on a dinner bed and breakfast basis guests have the option to dine from our bar menu, market menu, which changes on a weekly basis or our a la carte menu so my apologies if this information was not clearly advised to you by our operations team.

Our aim is to provide an outstanding experience and I am sorry that we were not able to achieve this on your visit.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is a lovely hotel and is unbelievably good value: free cocktail, free mini bar, great hairdryer, robes and slippers, all the toiletry stuff, beautiful shower, enormous bed and TV?! Amazing. I have paid £200 - 300 a night elsewhere for these standards!
The bed was comfortable and the room very quiet, despite the location very near Central Station.
The only thing I didn't really like was the cooked breakfast choices. I didn't really like the 'Scottish' elements; the pancake, black pudding and Lorne sausage. I would have preferred a bigger rasher of bacon and a good Cumberland! Maybe a choice would be good? The continental buffet was wonderful.
Still, the evening meal was nice and the staff very attentive (although the bar was a little slow). We had a very relaxing stay and will certainly go again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pianoalice
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments & for taking the time to share your thoughts about the hotel after your recent stay with us.

I will pass you comments on to the team and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here for one night as we were spending a weekend in glasgow. First impressions were good - the reception is open-plan with a nicely-designed bar area, and check in was friendly and efficient. Really liked the room as well - compact but well designed and loved the turquoise colour scheme, also the nice touches such as complementary snacks and water, bathrobes, and tv speaker in the bathroom. Had a lovely night's sleep with no disturbances whatsoever.

The only downside of our stay was breakfast. The restaurant was busy admittedly but we could see free tables, despite which we were kept waiting at the desk for at least ten minutes. One party was ahead of us and we weren't even acknowledged until they were dealt with - fair enough but what annoyed me was that when they were taken to their table we were then told "just a minute" by a waitress who then went back to laying cutlery out on another table (not the one we were then given). I would have thought that dealing with guests who had already been waiting for some time would have been more of a priority than that. The same waitress then got our breakfast order wrong (twice in fact - firstly my cooked breakfast didn't come at all, as it hadn't been ordered in the kitchen, and then when it did, it wasn't actually what I had ordered). I also thought the buffet selection and quality of the cooked breakfast were both pretty unimpressive considering the place charges £16 or so per head. I've had much better service and quality of breakfast at a Premier/Jury's Inn for half that.

Perhaps I am being over sensitive and I don't want to give the impression that food is all I'm interested in, but the breakfast service let down what was otherwise a top-class establishment. I'd definitely stay there again but if I do I'll go somewhere else in the morning!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank dizietsma
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Many thanks for deciding to stay with us at Hotel Indigo Glasgow and for taking the time to feed back.

I appreciate your comments regarding breakfast and will take this up with our Operations Team at the hotel.

Based on the customer feedback we have received about breakfast we are about to launch our new breakfast menu which will offer a wider range of options available. We do hope that you choose to dine in the hotel on your next visit to the city and give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

This was my second visit to this Fantastic hotel and will certainly wont be my last.From the moment you enter reception you are welcomed by the highly trained friendly staff who will ensure that you enjoy your stay.This wonderfull hotel is situated in Waterloo street and although its location is in the Centre of Glasgow it was quiet at night and only a five minute walk to pubs,clubs and restaraunts.The room decor is trendy light and modern with free wi-fi usage and not to mention 32 inch flat screen TV and I pod dock.,iron and iron board.At night we could not hear any noise from the street,so had a great nights sleep.no disturbance at all ...bliss.The breakfast area is very roomy,light and modern with plenty of space between the tables.The choice for breakfast was excellent and set you up for the day,I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone and will certainly be back in the near future

Room Tip: We had a room on the fifth floor...no noise at all from the street
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JohnFrancis579

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you recognised the excellent standards our team maintain and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.