1,042 results
All reviewstunnocks tea cakesswallow hotelibrox stadiumteacaketribute nightgreat hotelbellahouston parkcity centresubway stationreception staffwater pressuregreat nightwould highly recommend this hotelcomfy bedgreat showera lovely staycooked breakfast
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I was part of the planning committee for this event. Normally we have less formal occasions in our own mess but this year decided we would outsource.

Caitlin from Events at GoGlasgow met with us to discuss our requirements and was extremely helpful and made sure all our needs were met. We pre ordered the food for all the guests and everything went to plan, the food was first class and great value for money. The service was second to none.

Kerry had her staff well organised and the night ran like clockwork. Our guests from Edinburgh and Faslane were very impressed with the night. The staff were young and their first time hosting a regimental dinner but it really didn't show they were absolutely on the ball. Allana was most helpful throughout the entire process, she was there at our pre meetings and engaged with everyone in a friendly, helpful manner.

This was my first time organising an event on this scale and I really can't thank the team or recommend them enough, it was a success and I'm looking forward to organising next year's. I didn't get all names, Louise and Daz but a few but each and everyone deserve the credit for their exemplary commitment and enthusiasm. I returned the following day to collect some articles and on the way in was met by one of the domestic staff and greeted with a huge welcoming smile.

Obviously the hotel is a little dated as it's been around a long time and it may not have all the mod cons of the newly purpose built hotels that it is competing with but in my view it's the staff that make your visit, and on this occasion it's the people that make GoGlasgow.

Thank you for everything.

Laura x

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Graham U, General Manager at GoGlasgow Urban Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Good Morning Laura,

Thank you for our review following your recent event with us here at GoGlasgow.

It was a pleasure to have you as guests of the hotel while in Glasgow, so glad you enjoyed the organisational and pre event information and support, Caitlin was more than happy to provide.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the team and I am so glad you and your guests had a fantastic evening with us.

We strive to offer a high level of quality and service regardless of how busy we are I am pleased you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

We look forward to seeing you at your next event at Go Glasgow.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night Oct 10th as a late booking and needed somewhere in Glasgow near to my meeting the following day.
Yes there were lots of various hotels to choose from but I read the reviews on Go Glasgow Urban and gave it a go.
It's not in a modern swanky area of Ibrox but does it deliver Beyond Expectations.

Plenty of free parking
Amazing friendly chatty staff who genuinely were interested in how your journey had been
Top class food in the restaurant
Lovely rooms tastefully decorated and the shower a big thing of mine was powerful

There were even two tea cakes on the hospitality tray.

I filled in the feedback questionnaire and the manager emailed personally to thank me which is top drawer attention to detail customer service.

I would stay and recommend the hotel to anyone thank you I will be back

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin C
Graham U, General Manager at GoGlasgow Urban Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Good Afternoon Martin C,

Thank you for our review following your recent stay with us here at GoGlasgow.

It was a pleasure to have you as guests of the hotel while in Glasgow, so glad you enjoyed the free parking, chatty staff, quality of food, accommodation, showers and the Tunnocks teacakes.

We would be very happy to welcome you back to Glasgow.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I stayed several days on business, but it's certainly not the ideal venue if you're here as a tourist.
Let's start with the positives - the reception staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is varied and plentiful. So are the room service sandwiches - the soup-and-smoked-salmon-sandwich deal is exceptionally generous. But ...
The hotel is not in a visitor friendly area - no shops to speak of, and 10 minutes brisk walk to the nearest subway station to take you into the city. But if you're a Rangers fan visiting Ibrox, fine - it's very close by. The rooms are basic and self-consciously brutal - battleship-grey colour scheme, scaffolding pole furnishings, and no safe or drawer space so you cannot put anything away. There is multi-channel TV and wifi. Bathroom adequate, with minimal toiletries.
For a late-night arrival followed by an early departure, it would be tolerable. But I won't be returning.

Room Tip: The lift is horribly noisy. If they put you close to it, ask to move.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Graham U, General Manager at GoGlasgow Urban Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Good Morning holidayaddictUK15,

Thank you for our review following your recent stay with us here at GoGlasgow.

It was a pleasure to have you as guests of the hotel while in Glasgow, so glad you enjoyed the customer service, breakfast quality and room service.

Thank you for promoting our location, near Ibrox football stadium, near the M8 link and 10 minutes walk to the subway which connects the area to the city centre within 8 minutes.

I trust the above did not impede on your overall positive experience regarding the hotels service.

Our décor reflects the industrial heritage of the Scottish Lowlands, which includes Glasgow.

We would be very happy to welcome you back, if you changed your mind.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Another fab overnight stay and Rod Stewart tribute night, can't fault a thing, staff very helpful and friendly, rooms lovely and clean, fab pillows , the tribute night was fab and the disco which followed was brilliant, dance floor full all evening, wine chilled to perfection, then a full hearty breakfast in the morning, fab night had by all, can't wait till November for Diana Ross tribute night, keep up the fab work guys

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Irene W
Graham U, General Manager at GoGlasgow Urban Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Good Afternoon Irene W,

Thank you for our review and I am delighted to read such favourable review following your recent stay with us here at GoGlasgow.

It was a pleasure to have you as guests of the hotel while in Glasgow, so glad you enjoyed the tribute night, your accommodation, breakfast and our friendly staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

stayed here for the tribute night and couldnt fault the hotel or the staff. Room was clean and spacious and the staff are very friendly, great atmosphere all round.
Breakfast was very enjoyable with plenty of options, would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Graham U, General Manager at GoGlasgow Urban Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Good Afternoon Cath8052017,