“Excellent choice for Glasgow”
Review of Albion Hotel

Albion Hotel
Ranked #58 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
York, Uk
“Excellent choice for Glasgow”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I've recently spent 3 night at this hotel and I will surely come back here if I have to go to Glasgow again. The hotel is 10 min walk from the University of Glasgow and 2 min walk from one of the subway station. I was in the city center in less than 10 minutes.
Room: it was spacious, clean and comfortable, with plenty of space to arrange clothes and a desk (very useful, since I was in Glasgow for working). It was an ample supplies of tea/coffee/milk and cookies. My room faced the internal garden, so it was quiet during the night and the mornings, even though I've noticed that the street is really quiet during the night.
I took an en-suite room and the bathroom was nice: clean and not too small (although I'd have liked a shelf or two to set my things on them).
Free internet was very appreciate.
Service: fantastic! The lady that welcomed me was nice, friendly and helpful.
Breakfast: I have not use this option, since I'm not a "breakfast" person.
Overall: good hotel, excellent value for money, friendly and close to facilities. I recommend it to anyone that want to stay in Glasgow.

Room Tip: Room with garden view are really quiet
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Winston-le-chat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed here on Sat. 28th January and thought it was really great. We got a kind welcome, had a really comfortable room (I have forgotten the room number but it was on the top floor and had a double and single bed, with views over to the front street. The location of this hotel is excellent to access the best the West End has to offer and we had a great night out at the nearby pubs and comedy club. The street outside is peaceful and the sound of the river is wonderful. Breakfast was in a league of its own - absolutely superb quality. We'll definitely stay here again. The TV in our room was out of action but it didn't bother us one bit as we were out and about from the minute we arrived.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
France
Reviewed 2 February 2012

A really nice small and friendly hotel. Had a very pleasant 2 days, arrived early on the first day and it was'nt a problem when I asked to leave my suitcase and to pick up late evening on my departure was most obliging. Good full breakfast excellent host (Jackie) Hotel is in good location close to underground and city centre. Fully recommend this hotel !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Skerries, Ireland
Reviewed 25 January 2012

What a lovely welcome we got from Jackie on arrival - makes such a difference after an early morning journey. Our room on the first floor, as requested, was very clean and comfortable complete with all our needs. The fridge is a welcome extra - maybe a small bottle of water would be a welcome addition as often that's the one thing missing during the night! Breakfast was delicious, freshly cooked on order, and well worth paying the little extra. The Hotel is in an excellent location, a few minutes from the underground. It is also beside lovely river walks both to the Botanic gardens and to the Kelvingrove museum and art gallery, which we would highly recommend for an afternoon.

Room Tip: Ask for your floor preference
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Liverpool
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Had a very pleasant three days here. Jackie was terrific - very welcoming, friendly and helpful. My room (5, I think) on the first floor was a reasonable size for a single, as was the en-suite. A nice touch to have a fridge, even if it was slightly hard to access. Bed very comfy.
The location is excellent, as others have said, and the coupon parking arrangement in the street is welcome - £4 for the day.
Breakfast was very good - my only slight quibble was that the furnishings made it feel a little bit like a canteen. But on the other hand, it was a plus to have this public space to sit in in the evening, and even better for it to have a licence!
The free internet access in the hallway was very welcome.
I paid £61 per night for a single room. Whether that is value for money I am not sure having very little to compare it with.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends