1,290 results
All reviews old fashioned lift art house cage lift enviable room bath street original features central location lovely hotel q park car park comfortable bed street noise breakfast was excellent full scottish breakfast sauchiehall street the heart of the city cooked breakfast
Reviewed 14 April 2018

My partner and I stayed over at this hotel for my birthday. The hotel is in a decent, central location. When we arrived, the room was not ready but we were OK with this as we were planning to go out for dinner and drinks anyway. We were pleased that the staff agreed to take our cases and bags. When we returned, we got our key and went to our room which was on the first floor. The room itself was extremely hot. It was uncomfortable and stuffy, and also very small. We decided to speak to someone at the reception about this and we asked to move. Thankfully, there was another room available on the ground floor. We were taken to this room. It was an accessible room so it was larger. We were pleased that this room was larger but again, the temperature was ridiculous. We couldn't even open the window either. It really is such a simple thing but it had a really negative effect on our stay. We would not go back. The two points are for the location and the reception staff.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laura B, Manager at ABode Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Hi Rachael159,

I'm sorry you found the rooms uncomfortably warm, we do have air conditioning units in the rooms which I would have expected the team member who helped you move to show you how to operate so we could adjust the temperature in the room to make your stay more relaxing rather than simply moving you to another room. I'll try and identify which member of the team this was so they an assist future guests a little better but i'll be sure to also pass on your kind comments about there service

Apologies,

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Location is good if you're looking for somewhere to stay city centre.
Pleasant receptionist, helpful with luggage, although the lift can be a bit of a trial.
The first room we were taken to smelled strongly of smoke, we asked to be moved to another one.
Second room had two wall lights not working and the light over the bathroom mirror not working. We didn't notice the wall lights were out till we got back later and it was dark. We did report the bathroom light to reception before we went out and were assured that it would be fixed, it wasn't.
Tried to have a drink before lunch in the bar downstairs, with no luck. No staff on duty, someone was asked to step in but couldn't locate the gin??? We gave up.
The rooms and bathrooms are small and poky, both need upgrading.
Beautiful old building but we wouldn't stay again.

Hi ladyguru,

Thank you for your post and also for the survey that was returned to the hotel, I do hope you received my email.

I have spoken to our Brasserie Manager in relation to the drinks service you received and she will train the member of staff who tried to serve you on our bar standards.

Apologies,

Laura

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Good: Very central location, old building nicely renovated to keep old charm, big rooms with super high selling.
Bad: Payment at arrival. I asked if it was possible to check out one hour later (12 instead of 11 am) but the staff at the reception was somewhat unfriendly and only allowed 30 minutes more. In the end I had to rush.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi GuillGermany,

I'm sorry that we weren't able to accommodate you request for a late check-out by anymore than 30 minutes over the check-out time. Our reception team are ordinarily our most complemented department in terms of service, I'll be sure to pass on your comments about the receptionist being somewhat unfriendly.

Thank you for posting a review, I hope that you would stay again in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I arrived at the hotel quite tired. I asked for a quiet room and that was what I was given. The rooms are cozy and nicely decorated and the bed is comfortable. There's a nice selection of teas and coffee along with some tasty biscuits complementary in the room.
I was very happy to soak in the bath tub also. I never ate in the hotel restaurants but the menus read quite well. The reception staff are also very helpful and friendly.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi NIAMHKELLY,

Thank you for awarding us full marks. I'll be sure to pass your compliments to our reception team.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We popped in for drinks mid week before an early evening meal . We were made very welcome and enjoyed some pre dinner drinks in a beautiful setting. This was our first visit, but won’t be our last.The menu looked good, so would certainly consider eating here next time too.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laura B, Manager at ABode Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Mags562013,

I'm so pleased to read you enjoyed the brasserie for drinks, we will look forward to welcoming you in for dinner at some point in the future.