3,733 results
All reviews the executive lounge city centre leisure facilities high floor haggis mini bar car park porridge breakfast was excellent family room stayed for one night self service motorway concierge taxis pounds hydro
Reviewed 24 December 2015

As the motorway runs thru the middle of Glasgow, this hotel is conveniently located right by the motorway but is only a 10 minute walk to the main shopping/city centre or to the Clyde River. It is about a 5 minute drive to the West End too.

Rooms/bathrooms are pretty spacious, comfortable and nicely designed as are the public areas of the hotel.

Have had dinner a few times in the Morblas restaurant and always found the food and service to be of a high standard and well-balanced. If you are on a dinner inclusive rate or can get a voucher for 2 or 3 courses, I would say it is worth it. The restaurant area is neatly divided with screens too so dinner and breakfast areas are separate and have distinct decor but can be opened up when space is needed. Breakfast is usual but comprehensive buffet; you can have a wee slug of whisky with your porridge though or I would recommend the chef's breakfast omelette here.

The hotel has a decent size pool with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna as well as a gym but with a broom-cupboard of a changing room...parts of the spa area look quite dated and a bit tired in places; it also didn't feel as clean as other areas of the hotel.

Lastly, it seems that there are a lot of functions at the hotel...not an issue....but perhaps affects the dynamic towards Hilton Honors members....beyond acknowledgment of membership at check-in, there was no discernible acknowledgment beyond that....

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Daniel V, General Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

Dear Criolla68,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you loved the location of the hotel, as it is right beside the motorway and also only a 10 minute walk to the city centre or a 5 minute drive to the West End.

The public areas of the hotel and the bedrooms were all very comfortable and nicely designed during your visit to the hotel. It is fantastic to hear that you have visited Morblas Seafood and Grill on a number of occasions and always find the food and service to be of a very high standard for both dinner and breakfast.

It is fantastic that you liked the pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. However, I am sorry to hear that this was not as clean as some of the other areas in the hotel. It is also disappointing to hear that after check-in, your Hhonors status was not acknowledged.

Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope we will see you again at Hilton Glasgow.

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed an overnight at the Hilton, have to say the service was excellent, from the moment we booked in till we left!
Was giving complimentary wine as we stayed there to celebrate my birthday, felt as if the staff really took pride in their job, and lied up to the Hilton name.

1  Thank Gillzy22

Dear Gillzy22,

We are extremely happy to hear that your experience at Hilton Glasgow was a positive one.

I am thrilled to hear that the service you received from entering the hotel to leaving was excellent.

I am glad to hear you felt all the staff took pride in their job and all lived up to the Hilton name.

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your bottle of wine for your birthday and I do hope that you had an enjoyable birthday!

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

Since the last time I stayed here nearly 20 years ago, I was looking forward to my overnight stay at the Hilton Glasgow.
Firstly, a little shocked to find you have to pay £12 for overnight parking as a guest in the Hotels own car park. Understandable if you are using a nearby multi storey but hey, I guess that is how it is now!
The lobby/bar area is lovely but if I didn't know any better I wouldn't have a clue where Reception was as it was so busy and hard to see anything. The Doormen also dropped their heads and didn't make eye contact not only as we arrived but throughout our stay.
Check in was quick once we eventually got served. Receptionists quite happy to ignore you until they are ready to serve you (my pet hate). We were told where the leisure facilities were and what time breakfast was but apart from that, that was it. Professional but very cold and unwelcoming.
Had a room on the 16th floor which was pretty much the same as 20 years ago! Large, clean room with a nice bathroom. The bed was a bit of an issue for us, very small double bed in a room that could easily accommodate a king. It was very hard and didn't have a comforter which made it look unfinished. Neither of us had a restful sleep.
Didn't go for breakfast as decided to eat out.
Housekeeper in the morning was the only member of staff who was friendly and said hello.
Check out was pretty much the same as check in, ignored until they were ready. No 'how was your stay' (hence the reason I'm writing this). Struggled just to get an invoice for my car park payment!
Shame that the Hotel is being let down by poor Customer Service.

1  Thank JillyDundee

Dear JillyDundee,

Thank you for your detailed review of Hilton Glasgow.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you were shocked at the price for parking at the hotel overnight.

I am also sorry to hear that you felt that the hotel is being let down by poor customer service, especially the doormen and the reception staff who did not use eye contact with you and did not make you feel very welcome in regards to asking how you were and how your stay was. I will make sure to pass these comments on to the front office management team.

I am glad to hear that you liked the bedroom especially because it was large, clean and had a nice bathroom. However, I am sorry to hear that the bed was a bit small for you and you believed it could have been bigger in the room that was provided.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow and I do hope this experience does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

Great hotel with friendly staff. Decent size rooms with a good spec; all you need including plenty of milk and tea bags. We were staying as the hotel is near to the Hydro and we were off to see Simply Red. Easy access to taxis outside for West End and City Centre. Enjoyable breakfast too.

Date of stay: November 2015

Dear Andy L,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us, here at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, especially the friendly staff and the decent sized bedrooms – which offered plenty of milk and tea bags.

I am also glad to hear that you liked the easy access to taxis outside the hotel to go to the West End and the Hydro for your concert.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow and I hope you enjoyed your concert!

Reviewed 21 December 2015

I was in a large party of people booked in for the Christmas party + entertainment...cost of the ticket was £45 per head. The meal was dreadful due to several factors...tiny portions which were either cold or overcooked...rock hard bread...service abysmal due to the lack of staff. Although we were due to be served our meal at 7.30 pm...we were still waiting for our main course after 9 pm and our deserts did not make an entrance until nearly 10 pm. Although our party were assured that we would be seated all together, we were split into two tables. The entertainment consisted of a d.j. confined to an extremely small area and the sliding doors which were meant to increase the dance floor area were not opened at all. The crackers we were supplied with were the cheapest and worst I have ever seen. The prizes inside were a plastic car an inch long or a plastic paper clip! To add insult to injury, the hotel charged me £8 for parking for the duration of the fiasco. Needless to say...we will not be back. My party and I feel totally 'ripped off'...shame on you Hilton Hotel...we are very hard working support workers who have one big night out a year!

2  Thank ScottishBluebell55

Dear ScottishBluebell55,

Thank you for visiting us recently for your Christmas Party and for sharing your review.

I am disappointed to hear that your party did not enjoy their night due to a number of factors, especially the small portions and the service, as desserts were not out to your table until just before 10pm. I apologise for this and I will make sure to pass these comments on to the food and beverage department.

I am also sorry to hear that the dj and dance floor were not as you expected on the night. It is also unfortunate, that the charge for the car park was added on top of your bad evening. I will make note of this and pass on to the relevant departments.

Once again, it is very disappointing to hear you did not enjoy your night and I do hope that this will not stop you from visiting the hotel again in the future.