“nice food”

Ranked #38 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow United Kingdom
“nice food”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The food is alwasy nice and a lovely setting can reccomend it we just had a meal but have been several times

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
DJMcVEY, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thanks for your review particularly as you have visited us so many times before. Hope you will be back before long.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Glencoe Village, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We have just returned from a one night stay at the Crowne Plaza. Lovely reception/dining area, room was very nice, all you need, beds very comfy. Bathroom a little tired looking - wallpaper could do with being refreshed. Good selection of breakfast items. Bar meal was nice but would have enjoyed veggies more than salad with steak pie..small grumble I know. All in all, good stay and would def book again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
DJMcVEY, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thanks for posting a review following your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that you would come and stay with us again. I am particularly interested in your comments about the Bar / Lounge menu as we are currently reviewing all the dishes in preparation for a new menu within the next month or so.

Liverpool
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have stayed that the Crowne Plaza in Glasgow on three occasions and on each occasion my feelings have been mixed. Overall, I would recommend this hotel in terms of great and comfortable accommodation and I would certainly recommend the restaurant with regards to food quality.

Accommodation: The rooms cannot be faulted in anyway whatsoever, they are so comfortable and warm. Our room was a standard room, the bed was enormous and the bathroom was immaculate, the decor of the room was stunning and made it feel really warm. Our view from the room looked right across the Clyde, there is an added option to upgrade your room and if you’re a priority club member then you can access the bar at the very top of the hotel.

Food: The food was excellent, we had an evening meal as part of our first night stay and we couldn't fault it, the meals arrived on time and didn't have to wait too long for them to arrive. There was a great variety of food on the menu and the restaurant always appears to be very popular so i highly recommend booking a table to avoid disappointment (although from previous experience booking a table doesn't always mean you get one!).

Location: The Crowne Plaza is ideally situated, personally for me i would say perfect. Its situated right along the bank of the Clyde which means your not bang in the middle of Glasgow City Centre, we got a taxi onto Sachiehall Street and it cost less than a fiver for four people. Of an evening the hotel is quaint and very laid back, it is a very popular choice with airport stopovers and cabin crew etc and it is definitely worth checking out what is on at the SECC beforehand as the hotel literally joins to the arena. The Glasgow tour bus stops right outside the hotel and takes you on a very grand tour, worth every penny, we saw parts of Glasgow we didn't know existed and its real food for thought in terms of revisiting the city.

Staff: I found the staff to be very welcoming and polite, on each occasion that we have stayed the reception staff have always endeavored to have us checked in quickly. We were offered the opportunity to dine in the hotel restaurant and having made a reservation with reception (based on their advice) we still had major problems being seated for our evening meal. Even having confirmed the table and the time, we still had no table. The restaurant staff appeared a little slow and somewhat vacant in terms of accommodating us, we were told we could have a complimentary drink at the bar since we have been sat waiting well over an hour, to my very unfortunate mistake i order two large glasses of wine for my mum and I and were later advised by the bar staff that a complimentary drink only entitled us to a small drink or a single measure. Patience waring very thin, i accepted this and expressed my sincere disappointment with the reception staff who eventually after hashing our evening meal up arranged for us to dine at an alternative restaurant close by.

Tip: Check what events are on at the SECC prior to booking, we stayed here during a Bob Dylan concert and the hotel was absolutely jam packed with people that weren't even staying at the hotel, the bar and restaurants became very busy and it took on average twenty minutes plus to be served at the bar. We have also stayed at the hotel while the Junior Olympics trialled at the SECC and it was chaos, guest were overspilling into function rooms and tables were being double booked. At the right time the hotel is super and well worth staying at!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
DJMcVEY, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thanks for posting such a comprehensive review. I am pleased that you do enjoy staying with us bur am sorry that we didn't handle your restaurant reservation in the best way possible. As you quite correctly state, we can get extremely busy when a concert is on at the SECC which we do have separate procedures for - obviously on this ocassion they were not followed. My apologies and I do hope you will not be deterred from staying again.

Glasgow
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I was treated to an overnight stay with Spa treatment from my work colleagues as I was leaving the workplace. I booked it for November, it was very relaxing and I enjoyed it so much that when I saw the promotion for the Hotel, decided to go back with a friend.
We were served afternoon tea with a glass of sparkling wine, fresh sandwiches, scones and cakes. I booked in for a massage with Sam, and it was once again relaxing, thanks Sam, I will be back.
The room was very comfortable and clean with all the facilities necessary, had a swim before breakfast, which was self service and the quality of the food section was very good. Compliments to the Chef. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

There was a queue when we checked in but the girl was working on her own and the guest that was checking in was asking questions.

Even if there isn't another promotion...I would have no hesitation in returning or recommending the Crown Plaza in Glasgow.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Thanks for a great review. We were pleased to read that you had such a good time and I have passed your comments onto Sam in ISIS.

Please do visit again soon,

Regards

Tars
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I have now had my third trip to this hotel. The hotle has a coverd walkway from the car park, is located on the banks of the clyde and is excellent for quick connections to the city and motorways.

My only suggestion for improvement would be breakfast buffet, plates were scalding hot, food was luke warm.

Other than that I would stay again, and would recommend a stay.

Room Tip: Ask them to keep you away from the sedding parties if booking over the weekend