Checked in around 5pm on a Saturday for a 2 night stay and was handed key card and Priority Club welcome letter by helpful staff. Room was probably one of the best rooms I have stayed in in a while beating other hotels "premier" offerings. Tiny things like plugs in the right places, tv easy to watch from bed, well appointed bathroom all make the difference.
Was using the hotel as a base to go out with friends at the weekend and had never been to Glasgow before.. Hotel front desk staff were extremely helpful with all matters including tourist information, local travel information and were able to use their clout with a local cab firm to call a 6 seat taxi with virtually no wait whereas other companies were quoting waits of over an hour.
Reception staff were extremely helpful and served drinks from the bar on demand in a cheery fashion.
Duty manager even investigated a case of children playing around in the only working lift (making it stop on every flloor) within a few minutes of it being brought to his attention.
Breakfast on Sunday morning would have been better if it had gone on till 11.00 as opposed to 1030 as a lot of people seemed to rush in at 10am making it very busy however the team of staff kept this replenished and cleaned quickly though it did mean sharing tables with other parties.
All in all a fantastic stay with probably the staff being the best asset of this hotel. Happy and helpful staff really can make or break a stay.
The only downside I would say would be that there was no free internet access in the rooms.
With pricing on Saturday night considerably more than Sunday and more than full service Holiday Inn Hotels and a fraction under other brands, the hotel needs to be careful as they might lose guests. People don't want to go down to the lobby to check train times, look at directions to a restaurant or check in for their flight and £10 for 24 hours room access
I was fortunate that my Sunday night was considerably cheaper than Saturday so the overall average cost per night was not so bad but I wouldnt return if I paid more for a lower hotel than full service to get less facilities no matter how good or efficient the staff were.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside is ideal for exploring the infamous sights of Glasgow including the Riverside Museum, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and the renowned Style Mile. Each of our 128 guestrooms have been designed to provide all the comfort, convenience and value you have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. From comfy beds, air-conditioning and free Wi-Fi to 32-inch TVs and en-suite bathrooms with power showers, we've got you covered. Our family rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children, with kids under 18 staying free! From the moment you arrive we want you to feel at home - arrive to a warm Scottish welcome, go to sleep in a comfortable bed and wake up to a delicious, inclusive breakfast. Wi-Fi is free throughout the hotel for our guests, so you can surf comfortably in your room or in our welcoming Great Room lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside Hotel Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside Scotland