New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens

Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens
Ranked #9 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Auchterarder, United Kingdom
“Exceedingly good treats for spoiling yourselves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a special place, so save it for special occasions, and enjoy the lap of luxury, right in the fashionable West end of Glasgow. Food, wine, rooms, are all exquisite and the staff are friendly, efficient and discreet

Room Tip: every one is a winner i'm sure!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shinafoot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband treated me to a stay here for Valentines Weekend. We were going to Strictly Come Dancing show (which was amazzinggg too by the way - cheesy but fab). So he thought we should go all out and have a night away as well. I can't describe how much of a treat it was but I'll try!!. We got a free room upgrade so our room was just gorgeous and huge and the bed enormous. It had a lovely roll top bath sitting on a raised floor next to the huge decandently dressed windows. The shower was enormous and was like a tropical rain storm when you stood under it. There was a lovely nespresso machine for proper expressos in your room. We couldn't have asked for a better room. We didn't want to leave.
The breakfast was also excellent. My scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and cavier was so lovely and my husband went on about his sausages in his cooked breaksfast all day.
The waiter even remembered us from when we were in at Christmas time for lunch and what we had had for lunch!!! That was so funny and heart warming.
Drinks at the bar were also lovely, staff really lovely but as you can imagine drinks not cheap.
OK one thing you cannot deny is that it is expensive (although we did get a very good room rate after some negotiation) but it is sooooooooooo worth it. It is so sumptious, decadent, everything you would expect from the famous One Devonshire. If you really want to treat yourself and feel special then this is the place to go!!!

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms are fabby
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

The mister and I have been here a few times to stay (mainly cause I can get a cheeky discount with business contacts) but each time we stay its like a different experience and a great one at that. From the cheery smile by the kilted or tartan troosered conceirge, to the warmth of reception and the excitement of being ushered up the stairs to see what room (or suite) you are in!

The rooms (and I have seen each grade of room) range from uber lovely to uber glam! All of a generous size whatever your budget from a comfortable king to a gorgeous four poster with a bath...in the room!! You just sink into the crisp plushness of the duvet and pillows...plus the massive style showers and double sinks are a nice touch.

Service is attentive but discreet without getting in your personal space. Drinks are expensive (par for the course for 5 star hotels I suppose) but as we look upon any visit as a treat to ourselves whether for a birthday or anniversary - we budget for it, plus we like to raid the generously stocked mini bar although we've drawn the line at the decadent half bottle of champers (even though I've looked at it longingly - I did resist!).

The dinners and breakfasts are just amazing - food cooked to perfection whatever you request if you are a little fussy like me. I have yet to come for afternoon tea - thats next on the list but I've heard great word of mouth.

If you are looking for private dining, I can highly recommend it - I organised the office xmas lunch last December and we were treated like royality and even though there were over 40 of us - the food again was delicious and piping hot - not one complaint from fellow colleagues.

Just writing about the hotel makes me listless and I want to book up again - soon!!!

P.S. the location is spot on if you want to go bar hopping, mad shopping or being a culture vulture for the day - the west end has it all!

Enjoy!

Room Tip: The higher up the stairs you walk - the better the room! It can be a bit of a climb (after a few bev...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dollydebs
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My memories of staying here are indelible, it was that good. The ambiance, the decor, the food at the hotel restaurant all exceeded my expectations. I hope to go back sometime soon. And if you are going to be in Glasgow, it is someplace you should consider.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bagpipe
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

This hotel is the most amazing hotel I have stayed in, thus far. The entire staff were warm and welcoming, and treated us like royalty. And the rooms were gorgeous. The walls were covered in an incredible red patterned wallpaper (that I've seen copied in a video game) and the bathrooms were all covered in black tile. Everything was spotless and luxurious. Huge bathtub and shower, super comfortable bed. The restaurant was also fantastic. There were four of us and we each had something different. It was all delicious. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family