Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens
US$149
US$133
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$116
  • Restaurant
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$265
  • Breakfast included
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
1,543 results
All reviewsfour poster bedroll top bathwhisky roombose sound systemstained glass windowsmonsoon showerwest endnespresso machinedeep bathclassic roomluxury hotelbeautiful hotelgreat western roadhuge bathroombeautiful roombyres roadbirthday treat
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband treated me to a stay here for Valentines Weekend. We were going to Strictly Come Dancing show (which was amazzinggg too by the way - cheesy but fab). So he thought we should go all out and have a night away as well. I can't describe how much of a treat it was but I'll try!!. We got a free room upgrade so our room was just gorgeous and huge and the bed enormous. It had a lovely roll top bath sitting on a raised floor next to the huge decandently dressed windows. The shower was enormous and was like a tropical rain storm when you stood under it. There was a lovely nespresso machine for proper expressos in your room. We couldn't have asked for a better room. We didn't want to leave.
The breakfast was also excellent. My scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and cavier was so lovely and my husband went on about his sausages in his cooked breaksfast all day.
The waiter even remembered us from when we were in at Christmas time for lunch and what we had had for lunch!!! That was so funny and heart warming.
Drinks at the bar were also lovely, staff really lovely but as you can imagine drinks not cheap.
OK one thing you cannot deny is that it is expensive (although we did get a very good room rate after some negotiation) but it is sooooooooooo worth it. It is so sumptious, decadent, everything you would expect from the famous One Devonshire. If you really want to treat yourself and feel special then this is the place to go!!!

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms are fabby
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The mister and I have been here a few times to stay (mainly cause I can get a cheeky discount with business contacts) but each time we stay its like a different experience and a great one at that. From the cheery smile by the kilted or tartan troosered conceirge, to the warmth of reception and the excitement of being ushered up the stairs to see what room (or suite) you are in!

The rooms (and I have seen each grade of room) range from uber lovely to uber glam! All of a generous size whatever your budget from a comfortable king to a gorgeous four poster with a bath...in the room!! You just sink into the crisp plushness of the duvet and pillows...plus the massive style showers and double sinks are a nice touch.

Service is attentive but discreet without getting in your personal space. Drinks are expensive (par for the course for 5 star hotels I suppose) but as we look upon any visit as a treat to ourselves whether for a birthday or anniversary - we budget for it, plus we like to raid the generously stocked mini bar although we've drawn the line at the decadent half bottle of champers (even though I've looked at it longingly - I did resist!).

The dinners and breakfasts are just amazing - food cooked to perfection whatever you request if you are a little fussy like me. I have yet to come for afternoon tea - thats next on the list but I've heard great word of mouth.

If you are looking for private dining, I can highly recommend it - I organised the office xmas lunch last December and we were treated like royality and even though there were over 40 of us - the food again was delicious and piping hot - not one complaint from fellow colleagues.

Just writing about the hotel makes me listless and I want to book up again - soon!!!

P.S. the location is spot on if you want to go bar hopping, mad shopping or being a culture vulture for the day - the west end has it all!

Enjoy!

Room Tip: The higher up the stairs you walk - the better the room! It can be a bit of a climb (after a few bevvys) but its always worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dollydebs
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My memories of staying here are indelible, it was that good. The ambiance, the decor, the food at the hotel restaurant all exceeded my expectations. I hope to go back sometime soon. And if you are going to be in Glasgow, it is someplace you should consider.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bagpipe
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This hotel is the most amazing hotel I have stayed in, thus far. The entire staff were warm and welcoming, and treated us like royalty. And the rooms were gorgeous. The walls were covered in an incredible red patterned wallpaper (that I've seen copied in a video game) and the bathrooms were all covered in black tile. Everything was spotless and luxurious. Huge bathtub and shower, super comfortable bed. The restaurant was also fantastic. There were four of us and we each had something different. It was all delicious. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ChloeVanderhaven
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We have just returned from the most wonderful weekend at Hotel Du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens. From the moment we booked until the final point of the Concierge loading our bags into the taxi to the airport, everything was sheer perfection.
The hotel is a series of traditional town houses which have been joined together to form a seamless transition to a luxury hotel. As you wander through the individual corridors you are greeted by friendly staff whose only aim is to exceed customer satisfaction.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by the Reception manager who guided us to some comfortable arm chairs in the adjacent lounge to complete the normal registration process. No standing at impersonal reception desks, it was all done one to one.
Our porter was assigned to guide us to our room (more later) and we were dutifully shown to our Duplex suites.
Having stayed in some of the best hotels in the United Kingdom and abroad, I can honestly say that these suites take a lot to be surpassed. The upper level comprises of a large bedroom with a seating area duly furnished with beautiful sofas and every convenienience you could ask for including a fantastic BOSE sound system.
The individual coffee machine and well stocked mini bar is replenished twice daily.
A roll top bath adds great atmosphere to the room for those wishing to bathe beside an open fireplace close to their four poster bed!
I however, was even more impressed by the main bathroom on the lower level of the suite with its double waterfall shower and the most generously sized toileteries ever.

I ramble on.

Dinner was superb. Try the Chateau Briand.
Breakfast was Majestic and is served until 11am (although we were still there at 11.40!)

Try the wine tasting experience in the hotels cellar. Marc is a true genius in understanding people and wine. He will go very far.

This is not a hotel for people looking to stay or dine on a tight budget.
But if you wish to impress your loved one or clients or simply yourself, you will not be disappointed.

We are planning to return very soon.

Thanks you to everyone involved and in particular Marc.

Room Tip: Duplex Suite all the way.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple