4,479 results
All reviewschampagne bartempus restauranttrain stationchampagne centralgordon streettaxi rankhope streetjunior suitelovely hotelstreet noiselovely roomstandard rooman overnight stayhaggisstayed for one nightcentre of glasgowconcourse
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent location. Staff are excellent and very helpful. Hotel is beautiful & rooms are all to a very good standard. Staff made a fuss of the kids which they loved. Breakfast food was excellent. Didn’t visit bar this time but have done before

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear HotelSavvy1314

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your experience and particularly the helpful attitude of the team here.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on a future strip to Glasgow.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I have my mother in law a voucher for afternoon tea for two with champagne as part of her Christmas gift. Her and a friend went two weeks ago and were extremely disappointed. They said compared to other places in town the amount of food was pitiful and in general the standard was just poor. She said the price was definitely not worth what they had and in fact said she thought they have revived the wrong package. I was extremely disappointed that my gift was a let down that I emailed grand central about the matter.....it has been over a week and Iv had no reply.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Paul B, Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Ruthfind,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your Mother-In-Law's recent visit. I was very disappointed to read that she didn't enjoy her experience at Champagne Central. I am eager to further discuss the issues that you have raised in your review. I would be grateful if you could contact me at scott.kerr@theprincipalhotel.com.

Kind Regards

Scott Kerr
Champagne Central Manager

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Spent just one night at this hotel, very central to Glasgow city being situated within central station. No noise from the trains at all, clean comfortable room, great nights sleep. The receptionist who checked us in was exceptional, pleasant polite and very helpful

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank luna-jasper
Paul B, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear luna-jasper,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share such a complimentary review with the Tripadvisor community!
I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team and I know they will greatly appreciate your kind feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the Grand Central Hotel in the near future and I hope that your next visit will be a longer one.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Relatively noisy because on top of the station. Superb shower which as a regular business traveller is my best measure of a hotel. Extremely convenient location. Comfortable bed. Would recommend if a good price

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrea S

Dear Andrea S,

Thank you for your review, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I'll be sure to feed all of your observations back to the relevant members of our management team, and I am sure that they will find your comments useful in improving our operation. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and improve your opinion on a future visit to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

This hotel is massive and built around the Central Railway Station in Glasgow so its location could not be any more central. We loved the excitement of walking out the back door of the hotel directly into Glasgow Central station!

It has retained much of its original character and appeal especially in the common areas of the hotel such as the reception area and dining rooms. Glasgow's main shopping precinct is nearby as are a couple of subway stations. There is a bus stop outside and a taxi rank so it could not be more accessible. It cost us about GBP25 to get from the airport to the hotel. Service was faultless although the rooms are on the usual smallish size that can be expected in hotels of this age but well maintained.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank 340george1951

Dear 340george1951,

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed the unique setting and central location. Your five star review is greatly appreciated and I know the staff will greatly appreciate your kind words regarding service. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on a future trip to Glasgow. We hope you continue to watch our website for any opportunities to return soon.