“Perfection”

Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #40 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Absolutely brilliant stay. Central location. Courteous check in staff. Beautiful and spacious double room. Very clean. Nice toiletries in the bathroom. Tea and coffee tray. Iron and ironing board. Excellent amenities. Room service. Champagne bar is fabulous. Extremely well trained staff. Would recommend this excellent hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank ayrfoodie
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Wow, thank you very much for your review and top rating of 5!

Your comments are very much appreciated and are very encouraging for all of the team here. It is pleasing to read comments from guests who have experienced the Grand Central at it's very best.

A warm welcome awaits you upon your return.

Laurie Nicol

Write a ReviewReviews (4,178)

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My dad was 80 recently and as a treat our family sent our parents here for the Scrumptious Sunday night. When they came home mum told me it really wasn't as scrumptious as they had expected! They faults are all small but taken together were disappointing. Fixed shower head and no shower cap-mum had to go find a maid to ask for one. No grab rail in shower, no shaving point,no hairdryer and only 1 chair in room. They were on a 2 course dinner,bed and breakfast package and found the choice on the dinner menu disappointing-they had to buy chips at £1.50 for 16!! The deal included a £10 voucher for wine with dinner-2 glasses of wine cost £14!
They both slept well and said breakfast was excellent.
Now we had sent them there and expected them to spend nothing so were a bit upset that they had costs.
I had a email from the hotel asking how the night was and told them but have had no reply in any way. I wasn't going to review the hotel on their behalf but felt I had to.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1206irene

The feedback that we receive generally on our Scrumptious Sunday package has been great to date and therefore please be assured that your comments will be raised with the Tempus Manager and Executive Head Chef to ensure our high standard is always being met.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback, thank you.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago, from walking through the doors, i recieved a very warm welcome. The grand stair case caught my eye straight away. I was staying on level 3. Long wide corridors (spotless) I have to say they must have a good team of cleaners to keep these corridors and staircases up to scratch. My room was large and very clean. I had the pleasure of going to the famous champange bar, which i have to say it delivers what it says... great atmosphere and friendly staff. The service was good but a little rushed but my expectations were met. I had the pleasure of dining in tempus for dinner and also for breakfast. Again i have to say it was all 5 stars. On my departure of my room i was aknowledged by a member of housekeeping to ask if i required any help with my luggage. I was genuinely surprised by this as i have never been asked this before. I thanked the girl very much for her offer whom took my case to the lift for me. My stay at this hotel was great and would strongly recommend to anyone in the future coming to glasgow to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review and for the top rating of 5!

I am really pleased to read your excellent feedback and especially with your comments on the member of housekeeping staff who offered to help you with you luggage. This is the standard of service we strive to offer at all times and your comments will be passed on to the Housekeeping Manager which will encourage her team further.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed last night the 31/5/12 great stay and didn't hear a thing from central station beautiful hotel great location would also like to mention the receptionist that night didn't catch his name but he was very friendly and started the whole enjoyable experience

• Stayed: June 2012
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for another top rating of 5 and for writing a review on our hotel.

We are glad that you had a great stay with us and I appreciate your comments on the excellent service you received from the receptionist upon arrival, we have recently won the Hotel Team of the Year Award at the 2012 Scottish Hotel Awards and we are all very proud of this achievement.

Hopefully we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Just returned from dinner with my friend. Craig was wonderful and so was the food . Thank you all.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank scottiewanderer

Thank you for your top rating of 5 and your fantastic review, Craig will especially be delighted with your comments.

I do hope we can welcome you and your friends back very soon!