“Fantastic food”

Ranked #39 of 2,657 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Winners of Scotland's best Cafe/Bistro Award 2012, 2013, 2014 and Best Italian Bistro 2013! A beautiful authentic Italian eatery, familay run with quality food and value for money always!
Reviewed 11 July 2018

This restaurant is also a deli and is fairly small in size. It was interesting to watch all that was going on in the restaurant & the deli. Although the restaurant is all on one level,it may be difficult to manoeuver a wheelchair around. Though I'm sure the staff would try & accomodate a wheelchair. Our group consisted of my daughter, my son-in-law, his 12yr old daughter and myself. Neither my son-in-law or his daughter are very adventurous with regards to food. However, we all found something that we liked. There is a reasonable choice on the menu. I had Gamberoni which was king prawns with penne pasta. I thouroughly enjoyed it. The Torte Della Nonna I would highly recommend as a dessert. The staff were very friendly & helpful. We enjoyed the food so much that we returned for breakfast the next morning. I will certainly return to this restaurant when I next visit Glasgow

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

if you haven’t had a chance to visit this Italian deli restaurant I would highly recommend it. We went for a late pasta over some work planning. we shared a spaghetti scoglio seafood which had a great selection of fish including scallops and baby octopus. The rosemary focaccia was also delicious since we shared the starter we both had veal Saltimbocca not the usual traditional style - it had garlic and some rosemary in with the sage but it was still lovely; perhaps a little overdone but still delish. we both had chips with it for a wee cultural change. if you like good pasta and a lively east end ambience this is. must visit

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, excellent value, excellent service, excellent location with ample parking nearby. Overall......well .....excellent really!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The five of us took different courses but they were all as tasty and well served! The portions were generous. My prosciutto calzone was generously garnished and I loved the smoky taste of the ham. The crust of the pizza was delicious and soft. My family also enjoyed the prawn risotto, the vegeterian lasagne, the vegeterian calzone and the fish & chips! Homemade cocktails were also very good and served in very large cups, worth the expensive price. On top of the great food, the staff was very friendly and it seems like we have made some new friends! We will go to Celino's again (and try out their takeaway options too)!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times now and breakfast has been consistently good. Full Scottish breakfast is excellent and hubby has had eggs benedict, which he really enjoyed. It’s a great wee place, and staff are friendly and cheery.