6,036 results
All reviews citizen m mood lighting free movies remote control mood pad funky hotel high tech wall to wall rooms are small touch screen self service huge bed rain shower frosted glass city view storage space amazing hotel
Reviewed 16 May 2012

The reception staff were very helpful on the first day when we couldn't find the way to the hotel. Please note this hotel doesn't have a carpark so we had to park our car at the Royal Concert Hall a few streets away for £10 per day. It was quite inconvenient dragging our luggages and getting to the car everytime.

Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay very much. The room was tiny and it didn't come with a jug kettle so we couldn't make hot drinks in the room. Thankfully Scottish tap water was perfectly safe for drinking and tasted great.

The best part of all was the free movies provided in the room. No other hotel we've been to offered free movies. WiFi was free as well. Bed was clean and huge. Location is unbeatable, really close to Sauchiehall St and convenient for eating out in the evenings.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welovetravels21
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Have stayed here a number of times over the past 18 months, and find it great to return to each time I stay.
Its the sheer size of the bed which ensure an amazing nights sleep.
The rooms themselves reminded me of the Japanese capsule hotel, as each room is the same, except for the larger corner rooms with a huge walk in shower (larger than the regular rooms)
The self check in is dead easy, and I see that this is now being championed at other hotel chains (Premier Inns)
The hotel is very stylish and contemporary, and this extends to the content of the rooms. The custom colour LEDS, and the huge tv with a massive array of free movies ensures your never bored while your in your room.
Every stay in this hotel has been fautless with nothing at fault in any of the rooms we have stayed in.
There is subsidized parking available in a few of nearby car parks, and the walkabout bar is a very short walk away and is great for a cheap breakfast or a late night drink.
Will always stop here when in Glasgow, as the location is better than the Crowne Plaza for central Glasgow,

Room Tip: ask for a corner room for a larger room/bathroom
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2012

its really simple... this place was great.
on arrival i felt very welcome
i had bags which the staff offered to help me with.
the check in was new to me and staff made me feel it was easy.
the room was great
free movies were great
it was clean and tidy.
bed was comfy
i was very fussy with the mood lighting going to purple, it wasn't working and when i called down it was presented as nothing, not a problem where someone was up in minutes to see what they could do.
when i told them i needed the purple mood light as it was my partners favourite yet again it was almost like it was nothing to them. they found me another room, helped me with my bags and even checked if the mood lighting would go to purple before the person left.
i cant say enough good about this place, it was all great and i enjoyed the stay.

i will stay there again

J

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken A
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The rooms are pretty small so this hotel is probably better for a shorter trip with not a lot of luggage. But what the rooms lack in size they make for in cool bells and whistles, as my techie husband loved the remote for the coloured lights and everything else. Very nice lobby area as well, with a great bar and really interesting decor.
As for location, the hotel was just a block or two away from a major pedestrian shopping street, and if you're comfortable walking, it was about a 10-15min walk from Glasgow's main train station (a little uphill from train station to hotel). Not quite in the thick of things, but not too far away either.
The service at the hotel was also great, so really no complaints from us at all.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The hotel is very funky. Also very central - about 5 min walk to main shopping street.
The reception area is really nice with comfortable seating.
Just as well cos the room is so small that with 2 people in it, very cramped.
My friend described it as the "pod" which is very accurate.
The room size is fine for one person but with 2 people sharing a bed and bags too, not much room. I'd recommend it for single room but not for 2 people.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the busy street
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends