My wife and I stayed overnight on Friday night before a Saturday's shopping expedition in Glasgow. We had read lots of good reviews and it looked very funky and 'chic' on the internet. We were greeted by very pleasant staff on arrival who assisted us with our automated check in service. I had emailed ahead to explain it was a special birthday for my wife and on entering our top floor bedroom there was a note wishing her happy birthday and inviting us for a free drink of our choice at the bar - very impressed!
The room was as we'd thought. Wall to wall bed unusual but comfy and we liked the idea. Yes, the rooms are smaller than average hotel bedrooms but not uncomfortably so. As I'm a gadget man I was loving the choice of lights for the bathroom via remote control which also controlled our TV which offered music, free films, TV etc.
The bar was very pleasant with a good choice of food on offer 24 hrs with reasonable prices. There is a computer room, library and lounge area to chill out in and meeting rooms downstairs that are used through the day.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. If you are looking for a comfy, reasonably priced, good quality hotel that is centrally located and offers great customer service and something just a little different, this is the hotel for you.
If you are looking for a hotel that has big rooms with Marks and Spencers biscuits on a trolley with fresh coffee and mints alongside, with a chaise lounge in the corner and a selection of fine dining options on the ground floor with concierge etc then this hotel is not for you1
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland