Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$106
Agoda.comUS$107
FindHotelUS$107
eDreamsUS$106
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
All reviews steak pie function hall single room night porter scotland
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2020

Recently stayed here on an overnight business trip. Was horrendous. The bed was dirty, room was cold, old food stuck in curtains. No water pressure, barely any hot water and the bedroom was absolutely freezing and this was during Winter. I’ve never been so appalled. I slept head to toe to avoid the mushed food in the curtain next to my bed. Arrived after hours of travelling and didn’t have it in me to have to find somewhere else to stay. There was no WiFi in my room which was truly annoying since I actually phoned before booking and asked if there was due to this being a business trip and they responded yes.

The service and food was good but those bedrooms are awful. Nothing worse.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2019 via mobile

Booked in here recently for the one night while attending a function in the hotel.

Check in was fine and the receptionist showed us to our room. However that’s where the positives ended.
As soon as we entered the room it smelled old damp and foostie.
The decor was very old fashioned and the bedding was covered in unknown stains. On closer inspection there was even black curly hairs all over the under sheets so we decided we couldn’t stay here.

Then two ladies on the reception were very understanding and apologetic and gave us a refund no problem.
We found a Premier Inn closed by and checked in there to save the day. All be it it was around £40 more expensive than the Crookstone Hotel.

Would I stay here again absolutely not. I only wish I’d kept the pictures we took to post them.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GordonA312
Reviewed 1 November 2019

arrived after a long drive it took 3 goes ringing the bell to get an answer, then twice she had to go off to find our booking in form, dark and dingy is what I would describe this hotel, the stairs, oh my, badly lit, dark carpet and some parts have no Bannister, I'm surprised no one had fallen down them, first room we were given, window wide open, it was freezing, found an extra heater in wardrobe so obvisously it was there for a reason, road noise horrendous, even with the windows closed, asked to move rooms, second room was warmer, road noise still bad and late at night it was as if they were shifting wardrobes about, the beds were cheap, sit in the middle you hit the base, would not have stayed a second night

Room tip: ask for one away from if there is one, or dont stay
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 13 October 2019

Stopped for one night whilst going to the SS HYDRO to watch Still game live
Very friendly staff very accommodating even the locals where friendly
Lovely rooms very basic but nice separate shared bathroom but that shouldn’t bother you
The food was excellent and drinks reasonably priced
It is also only ten minutes from Glasgow town centre very convenient
I would recommend it to anyone

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 17 September 2019

I recently held a birthday party for my Mum in the hotel's function suite. The function suite has recently been refurbished and is very tastefully decorated in modern colours with lovely contemporary artwork and lighting. There is a well stocked bar inside the room which helped keep guests together and take away the temptation to drift off to the bar. The booking process was extremely easy and the deal the hotel had running was excellent value for money. The buffet was hot and fresh and there was plenty of it - I felt guilty as there was quite a lot left over! The staff in the lead up to the function and on the night could not have been any more helpful and were extremely accommodating with any request; moving tables around after I changed my mind and helping me set up an overhead projector. The selection of drinks available was also excellent for a function room (they had my favourite Brockmans gin!). Finally, the DJ provided by the hotel was exceptional. Our oldest guest was 89 and youngest was 2 and the DJ made sure he played something for everyone. The dancefloor was packed all night. If I were to have the party all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. My mum, and every one of the guests, had a brilliant night. Can't recommend highly enough. Thank you.

Date of stay: September 2019