“Grazi Lamora!!!”
Review of Lamora Restaurant - CLOSED

Lamora Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 15 February 2016

I went to this restaurant before a show at The Hydro with my partner and it was a beautiful scenary inside. The meal was delicious and the staff were friendly aswell. Would I recommend this place? Certainly

Reviewed 9 February 2016

We loved going to the La Mora it was just such a lovely place to eat and the staff were oh so friendly and welcoming.

It closed sometime in October 15 for a major refurbishment and I mean major.
It's now called Mora bar and kitchen

It didn't reopen until January 16 and the change is simply stunning, I can hardly believe it's the same place.

Apparently it's still the same chief which is sounds accurate as the food was delicious and up to the same high standard as La Mora.

The staff were very friendly and explained all that had been done to the restaurant during its closure.

It's now I'm glad to say on my going back list.

A cracking place to eat

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 1 February 2016

Sadly the Lamora we previouslay reviewed is no more (a sad day for the |Glasgow eating scene) we have over many years dined at lamora and recommended it to numerous friends and relatives (all of whom raved about thier meals). The restaurant has been revamped (with the business passing from father to son I believe) and renamed Mora Bar & Kitchen. The new name gives a clue to what to expect. It is now mainly a bar with a limited menu (mostly bar-type food). Gone are the types of dishes we loved Lamora for and the overall atmosphere. More bar than restaurant now.

5  Thank RobnRita
Reviewed 27 January 2016

Our group of four female friends went out for a late meal last week. Our reservation was for 8pm but we had to wait for the previous table to leave. The staff remained apologetic and were doing the best they could so no fault to them whatsoever.

I dined off of both the specials board as well as the regular menu. Glasgow is blessed with a large Italian community and the sad downside of this is that there is a huge spectrum of quality in Italian food in this city. Mora is mediocre at best. The fact that I couldn't even find their rebranded name here to leave a review is telling of the lack of attention to detail.

Nothing we ate was amazing as it's hard to screw up pasta but nothing was special either. That alone doesn't make me want to come back for a repeat visit.

The music was also too loud as we were trying to eat and visit and not planning on going to a club.

2  Thank weefoodtour
Reviewed 14 January 2016

I hadn't eaten here before but was attracted by the positive comments on TripAdvisor. I wasn't disappointed. The restaurant has very recently undergone a major makeover and handover from father to son - and also a name change to "Mora" - the family name. This is cool place to go for a glass of wine and a beer or to sample the brilliant authentic Italian food, quickly produced and at reasonable prices.

You have the option to order small portions, enabling an Italian-tapas approach if, like me, you can get bored with one single large dish. The personalities of the staff top off a great wining and dining experience.