“Average Italian”
Review of Lamora Restaurant - CLOSED

Lamora Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 27 January 2016

Our group of four female friends went out for a late meal last week. Our reservation was for 8pm but we had to wait for the previous table to leave. The staff remained apologetic and were doing the best they could so no fault to them whatsoever.

I dined off of both the specials board as well as the regular menu. Glasgow is blessed with a large Italian community and the sad downside of this is that there is a huge spectrum of quality in Italian food in this city. Mora is mediocre at best. The fact that I couldn't even find their rebranded name here to leave a review is telling of the lack of attention to detail.

Nothing we ate was amazing as it's hard to screw up pasta but nothing was special either. That alone doesn't make me want to come back for a repeat visit.

The music was also too loud as we were trying to eat and visit and not planning on going to a club.

2  Thank weefoodtour

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I hadn't eaten here before but was attracted by the positive comments on TripAdvisor. I wasn't disappointed. The restaurant has very recently undergone a major makeover and handover from father to son - and also a name change to "Mora" - the family name. This is cool place to go for a glass of wine and a beer or to sample the brilliant authentic Italian food, quickly produced and at reasonable prices.

You have the option to order small portions, enabling an Italian-tapas approach if, like me, you can get bored with one single large dish. The personalities of the staff top off a great wining and dining experience.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

This Family run restaurant is the best in Italian Glasgow. Quality authentic food at reasonable prices. I believe it is currently under renovation, can't wait for the opening night! 5 Stars!!!!

Reviewed 14 November 2015

I have eaten here many times, off all menus and never been disappointed. Also all my friends to whom I recommended Lamora have become regulars. Great care is taken with the food and if you want something tweaked it is never a problem. Everything is cooked fresh and to order except for the occasional stew. My friend happened to mention he felt like a fish supper and they accommodated him by battering some sea bream. How's that for service and still charged at the lunch menu price. The home baked bread is spectacular. The lasagne is delicious and light and not the lump of stodge you can get in many of Glasgow's Italians. I could go through the whole menu here but suffice to say it's all excellent. Lamora is closed for refurb at the moment.

2  Thank kenneth m
Reviewed 27 September 2015

I phoned at 21:45 the night before to book this restaurant completely on a whim, just to grab something to eat before heading for a show at the hydro close by.

Managed to get a parking space right outside the place at 18:00. As soon as we walked in its a very warm, welcoming restaurant and was greeted by 2 lovely young waitresses, one of which showed my boyfriend and I our table.

We sat down and the place was pretty busy, lovely and relaxed although loud at times just due to the room style. Having a look over the menu, they offer a nice range of authentic italian choices.

My boyfriend and I ordered, and were very pleased with the food, my bruschetta came with lovely warm chunky tomatoes and the most gorgeous olive oil I have ever tasted. My boyfriend had a margarita pizza (daring, i know) but it was stunning also. Nice crisp crust and no lacking on the tomato and cheese.
We decided we had time to order the warm chocolate fudge cake with ice cream which was absolutely to die for.

Since the menu didn't display prices we were guessing before the bill came, and were guessing roughly £40/50 due to the gorgeous food and lovely ambience.
The bill came and it was £23 altogether. We were both completely shocked.
I have recommended this restaurant to all my friends and family, is only minutes away from the SECC/hydro so a perfect place to stop by before hand, just make sure to book. We will definitely be back!