“Best Italian ”
Review of Lamora Restaurant - CLOSED

Lamora Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

This Family run restaurant is the best in Italian Glasgow. Quality authentic food at reasonable prices. I believe it is currently under renovation, can't wait for the opening night! 5 Stars!!!!

Reviewed 14 November 2015

I have eaten here many times, off all menus and never been disappointed. Also all my friends to whom I recommended Lamora have become regulars. Great care is taken with the food and if you want something tweaked it is never a problem. Everything is cooked fresh and to order except for the occasional stew. My friend happened to mention he felt like a fish supper and they accommodated him by battering some sea bream. How's that for service and still charged at the lunch menu price. The home baked bread is spectacular. The lasagne is delicious and light and not the lump of stodge you can get in many of Glasgow's Italians. I could go through the whole menu here but suffice to say it's all excellent. Lamora is closed for refurb at the moment.

2  Thank kenneth m
Reviewed 27 September 2015

I phoned at 21:45 the night before to book this restaurant completely on a whim, just to grab something to eat before heading for a show at the hydro close by.

Managed to get a parking space right outside the place at 18:00. As soon as we walked in its a very warm, welcoming restaurant and was greeted by 2 lovely young waitresses, one of which showed my boyfriend and I our table.

We sat down and the place was pretty busy, lovely and relaxed although loud at times just due to the room style. Having a look over the menu, they offer a nice range of authentic italian choices.

My boyfriend and I ordered, and were very pleased with the food, my bruschetta came with lovely warm chunky tomatoes and the most gorgeous olive oil I have ever tasted. My boyfriend had a margarita pizza (daring, i know) but it was stunning also. Nice crisp crust and no lacking on the tomato and cheese.
We decided we had time to order the warm chocolate fudge cake with ice cream which was absolutely to die for.

Since the menu didn't display prices we were guessing before the bill came, and were guessing roughly £40/50 due to the gorgeous food and lovely ambience.
The bill came and it was £23 altogether. We were both completely shocked.
I have recommended this restaurant to all my friends and family, is only minutes away from the SECC/hydro so a perfect place to stop by before hand, just make sure to book. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

Enjoyed a fantastic birthday lunch on Saturday and it looks like this gem has yet to be discovered by the locals. The service was first class and the food wouldn't be out of place in trendier city centre restaurants.
The Calamari started was as good as any we've tasted, while the linguine was delicious. Don't be fooled by the exterior or location , this is a restaurant you must visit!

1  Thank Delrankin
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Eaten here a few times...generally been good but last visit very poor, shame as we traveled past many other good restaurants to eat here.

1  Thank Stroudy69
jennymora, Owner at Lamora Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

It is such a pity that you chose to comment "sorry service". on T.A

You commented that you had eaten at Lamora a few times and "generally been good"

Why not comment on both positive and negative service?