“Can't wait to come back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hoppity House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Hoppity House
Ranked #12 of 77 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Long Island City, New York
“Can't wait to come back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

What a wonderful place to stay. Great location. Service was outstanding, I had to arrange for a late arrival and Gordon couldn't be more accomindating! New and clean rooms. I will recommend to ANY one staying in St Andrews! Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank GolferGirl18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I have to clarified that I stayed in the Hoppity House located at 4 Murray Park (the owner I believe has two houses).
The location of the house is fantastic, close to the shopping/restaurants, the Old Course, the beach, etc. . Gordon Mitchell the Land Lord is friendly and helpful in many ways. You feel happy to see him every morning at breadfast time. The breadfast is first class. Good quality food and very well prepared. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. If I ever travel to St. Andrews again, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank chocolate38
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

I put together a "dream" golf trip to Scotland with me, my son, my friend and his son. We obviously had to include St. Andrews in the trip and I researched the area looking for a good place to stay. I hit the jackpot with the Hoppity House. Gordon, Heather and Valerie couldn't have been nicer to us throughout our 3 day stay. The service, food, location, rooms and, most importantly, hospitality were fantastic.
I asked Gordon if he could put our names in the Old Course Ballot during our stay. He worked his magic and delivered a perfect tee time to us. I swear Heather and Valerie were as thrilled as us that we were selected and would be playing the Old Course the following morning!
Traveling and golfing Scotland with my son was a dream come true for me and it all started at the Hoppity House. This is truly a great place to stay, I give it my highest recommendation. As Gordon would say "Brilliant"!

Room Tip: Street side is a bit noisy, try to get a back room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank BT10328
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

we came to hoppity house for a couple of nights while we played golf in the auld toon. gordon is the owner and lives very close by. when we arrived we called him. within a couple of minutes we were in the house.

one measure of quality is how a request is handled. we noticed the alarm clock battery had probably been pinched by the prior guest. a curtain hook was missing. the requests were taken cheerfully and dealt with expeditiously.

the beds were perfect.

breakfast was delicious.

the price was very reasonable given the enviable location between the scores and north street.

gordon has done a wonderful job upgrading the establishment from its condition with the prior owner. long may he prosper and long may we enjoy the hoppity house.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mahatma
Annecy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Fantastic little B&B - very warm welcome from Gordon who also lent his driver ( thanks again!!!) We'd definitely come back to Hoppity House. BUT... sun rises at 4 am and proper curtains are really required to block the sun light!!! ( I was told it would be done shortly... so should not be a problem).Breakfast is great and flexible - in a nicely decorated room. In short, just go it's worth it!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple