Overall our stay at 5 Pilmour Place was great. The decor is beautiful - lovely pictures, statues, ornaments, fabrics, wall paper etc. It seems to have been well thought out and chosen carefully. Although we didn't look in all the rooms, but from the website it is clear they are all decorated individually.
My husband described the breakfast as 'one of the best he'd ever tasted'. Obviously the ingredients are well sourced and cooked. There is also plenty of choice if you don't fancy a cooked 'Scottish' breakfast. The waitress at breakfast was very pleasant and chatty.
Personally I couldn't bring myself to score it 5/5 - the price was more than what we would usually pay for a B & B - we were late booking a room in St Andrews and so couldn't be picky about the price. However, I appreciate it is not a cheap town to stay and the price is probably increased due to the proximity to the golf course (although we are not golfers so therefore it wasn't a massive plus). Our bathroom (room 2) was absolutely tiny - I was 3 1/2 months pregnant at the time and glad I wasn't any further on as I would have struggled to get out of the shower.
However it is a beautiful place and we couldn't fault the staff in any way at all ... perhaps I am just a bit stingey with my money!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five Pilmour Place enjoys a unique location. The 18th green of the Old Course is a mere eight iron away, while a slow two minute walk will take you into the heart of the magnificent historic University town of St Andrews. The architecture and facilities of Five Pilmour Place are a fusion of tradition with contemporary and convenience. This luxurious boutique privately owned guesthouse comprises of seven en-suite bedrooms with spacious guest lounge and dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Five Pilmour Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Five Pilmour Place Hotel St. Andrews
- 5 Pilmour Place
- Five Pilmour Place St Andrews, Scotland