All reviews garden suite small lounge small hotel single room excellent breakfast lovely hotel night porter central location breakfast room kippers water pressure no lift enjoyed my stay within walking distance excellent location top floor full scottish
Reviewed 14 October 2017

The standards in this hotel are very good. The beds are comfortable and the specially cooked for you breakfast is to die for. Lovely crispy thick bacon and eggs with a runny center instead of the hardbaked ones left under heat lamps in many establishments. The rooms are slightly on the small size and I personally think they are overpriced. £146 for a single occupancy double room (no singles left) is a bit much for an October booking

Room tip: I had room number 19 which is up two flights of spiral staircase. Perhaps something to think about if you are elderly. They did offer to take my luggage up, but I was too stubborn to accept the offer. No lifts please note !
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vicky M, Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were especially pleased with your breakfast. As the building is 250 years old we do have a variety of different sized rooms and would be happy to offer one of our bigger ones should you be back in the area. Our single rooms are very popular and offer great value, hence the reason there were none available at the time of your booking. October is still a busy time for us in St Andrews so our pricing doesn't drop until later in the month. If you book direct with us next time I would be happy to offer a more competitive rate. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I stayed in 'The Den' just past the reception desk and I've been lucky enough to stay in this room three time before.
I've also stayed in one of the other rooms upstairs as well - all for work trips.
The hotel is cosy, and small in places but very comfortable.
If you need lots of space then maybe a bigger chain hotel is ideal but....if you want a real local experience, with lovely comfortable individual rooms, in a great part of St. Andrews, complete with a small hotel bar, and a very good Scottish breakfast then I would highly recommend this place. Also helps that the hotel is open 24 hours too.

Pauline on the desk and Kevin in the breakfast room were lovely hosts and made my colleagues and I feel very welcome.

I look forward to coming back here again soon.

Steve A,
(Visiting St. Andrews for work)

Room tip: The Den is great and ideally located on the ground floor.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vicky M, Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear your comments on the hotel and very pleased to hear the team look after you well. I am very proud of the team here who work hard to ensure our guests enjoy their time with us. Very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Stayed at the Albion a couple of time, it’s a nice hotel but like most hotels in st Andrew’s it’s expensive, rooms are ok and breakfasts fine, although nothing special it’s a nice hotel in a good location for golf course and town centre

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you've stayed a few times and very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Staff was excellent and attentive to our needs. Good breakfast, nice lounge and bar area. Room was clean and cozy. A short walk to pubs, restaurants, and shopping. Also close to the Old Course at St. Andrews. Had a pleasant stay and will stay there again when in St. Andrews. Only set back is limited car parking.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vicky M, Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Our family of four spent two nights this July at the Albany Hotel while visiting our daughter who was taking a summer course at St. Andrews. The room was large and comfortable, with plenty of room for four. Nothing elegant -- the furniture was a bit dated -- but a really good deal. The downstairs room had its own garden access, which was nice. The breakfast , which was included, was delicious, and the little dining room was very nice. Hotel and dining room staff were very friendly and professional. Location can't be beat -- the hotel is right in the middle of town, a short walk to the university, shops and restaurants. If our daughter attends St. Andrews as a full-time student next year, we will definitely make the Albany Hotel our regular lodging choice!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted the team looked after you well. Look forward to welcoming you back soon if your daughter decides on St Andrews.