All reviews high tea cakes toast chicken maryland anne marie breaded haddock single room macaroni would highly recommend this hotel visited this hotel cooked breakfast bar staff family wedding tea coffee wedding reception couldn't do enough town centre
Reviewed 6 August 2017

This was my first visit here for many years and I wasn't disappointed. Went for high tea on a Sunday, phoned to book a table prior to arrival. You sit in the bar to make your order then the waitress shows you to your table in the large hall. Toast and tea was brought to the table immediately. Food quickly followed maybe a bit too quickly hadn't even finished buttering my toast. Lots of choice with added daily specials and the portions are big. We had lamb, roast beef and macaroni and nobody was disappointed. After the meal you are then brought scones and a plate of mixed cakes. The cakes are shop bought but still tasty. The service was good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hi 969chacha,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your high tea with us on Sunday.
However, in regards to our cakes & scones, all of our cakes and scones are homemade. We have an on site Patisserie Chef who has been with us for over 10 years and freshly bakes all of our cakes & scones, we are happy to hear you found them to be tasty.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to leave us this review and we do hope you will visit us again!

Hotel Management

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night whilst my partner was in the town for a pool competition in Styx which is only a 2 minute walk from the hotel. We had a nice clean and spacious room and breakfast offered all that we needed.
Spent a few hours sitting in the lovely lounge bar and enjoyed great meals on both Friday and Saturday nights. Would highly recommend the chicken Maryland off the High Tea menu - delicious! Prices for both drink and the food were also very reasonable.
The bar and the reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. We would definitely recommend anyone visiting Kirkcaldy to stay here

Stayed: July 2017

Hi Snorksncat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this lovely feedback!
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your evening meals to be thoroughly enjoyable, i will pass on your lovely comments on to all of the staff here at the Victoria Hotel.

We do hope you will visit us again some day!

Hotel Management

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This was a memory from my youth going for a high tea. The toast and tea arrived promptly and was lovely the main meals were all lovely but massive I had chicken Maryland it was good but a bit dry. Then came the mountain of scones and cakes all for £11.95 each couldn't fault the value but a lot was wasted due to huge portions, even if the portions were reduced by a third there would still be loads. will definitely be back

Room Tip: Don't eat anything all day if you want to finish your meal.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hi Wendyrae13,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.
We are glad to hear that you found our high tea to be of good value for money.
I have taken on board your comments in regards to portion size and our chicken maryland and will relay these comments to our Head Chef, however i am delighted to hear that you will return to the Victoria Hotel.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Adele

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here as a business traveller. Not many places to choose from in the area which is why I ended up here. First impressions of the building good - ample parking, the reception area was decent with nice looking sofas and quite a grand staircase. Upstairs is like a rabbit warren - corridors leading everywhere. On arrival at my room - a triple room, which is always a bit odd as a solo traveller - I found it very drab and tired with awfully dated lampshades and mismatched furniture, with missing handles. Curtains have also seen better days, later found them to be ill fitting and let in lots of light around the edges at night. Saying that, the place was clean and the bed comfy. The shower in the morning went hot and cold, presumably when others in the hotel are using theirs, and the plug didn't fit the sinkhole - allowing the water to drain away before you've finished washing. Also saw open wiring under the radiator in the bathroom - I'm no plumber but I can't imagine it being particularly safe.
Breakfast was nice, although there were no cups or cutlery on the table both mornings - minor but getting up and down to gather tableware isn't ideal.
Overall it's not great - £132 for two nights - midweek - is not good value for money. I don't think it would cost much to give the place a facelift, and a bit more care and attention required at breakfast. Wouldn't return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank honestyetopinionated
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Have eaten at the Victoria many times over the years and always found it excellent but as a family wedding was being held there we decided to stay the night and we are so glad we did Room was lovely Breakfast was terrific and Staff were lovely What more could you ask for and all at a very reasonable price!!!!!!
I would also add that the wedding reception was fab!!!!!

Room Tip: A large bright room at the front of the hotel that we had no complaints whatsoever about
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family