All reviewshigh teacakestoastchicken marylandanne mariesingle roommacaroniwould highly recommend this hotelvisited this hotelcooked breakfastbar stafffamily weddingtea coffeesteak piewedding receptioncouldn't do enoughblack pudding
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here as a business traveller. Not many places to choose from in the area which is why I ended up here. First impressions of the building good - ample parking, the reception area was decent with nice looking sofas and quite a grand staircase. Upstairs is like a rabbit warren - corridors leading everywhere. On arrival at my room - a triple room, which is always a bit odd as a solo traveller - I found it very drab and tired with awfully dated lampshades and mismatched furniture, with missing handles. Curtains have also seen better days, later found them to be ill fitting and let in lots of light around the edges at night. Saying that, the place was clean and the bed comfy. The shower in the morning went hot and cold, presumably when others in the hotel are using theirs, and the plug didn't fit the sinkhole - allowing the water to drain away before you've finished washing. Also saw open wiring under the radiator in the bathroom - I'm no plumber but I can't imagine it being particularly safe.
Breakfast was nice, although there were no cups or cutlery on the table both mornings - minor but getting up and down to gather tableware isn't ideal.
Overall it's not great - £132 for two nights - midweek - is not good value for money. I don't think it would cost much to give the place a facelift, and a bit more care and attention required at breakfast. Wouldn't return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Have eaten at the Victoria many times over the years and always found it excellent but as a family wedding was being held there we decided to stay the night and we are so glad we did Room was lovely Breakfast was terrific and Staff were lovely What more could you ask for and all at a very reasonable price!!!!!!
I would also add that the wedding reception was fab!!!!!

Room Tip: A large bright room at the front of the hotel that we had no complaints whatsoever about
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We booked a private room at the Victoria Hotel to host an afternoon tea and meeting for the PBC Foundation last Sunday afternoon. The afternoon tea was excellent with a really good selection of both sandwiches and cakes not to mention a glass of champagne. The staff could not do enough for us, they were friendly, courteous and even donated to our Charity. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Hi 885linda,

Thank you so much for leaving this fantastic review!
I am so happy that your event went so well and that you thoroughly enjoyed your Afternoon Tea with us! I have passed your kind comments on to all of the staff.
Please let us know if you have any future events coming up, we would love to welcome you all back.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I attended a retirement party at the Victoria Hotel last night. The accommodation for the party was lovely. The buffet provided by the hotel was Lovely, fresh and tasted as expected - excellent. There was home made sausage rolls, a wide selection of sandwiches, canapes and cake.
Disco at the venue was good. Bar staff attentive. Toilets clean. Full marks to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Maureen D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this lovely review!
We are thrilled that you had such a great time at the Retirement Party and enjoyed all aspects of the evening including our buffet! I have passed your kind comments on to our team.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

My wife and I were joined by or eldest son and his family on Sunday afternoon when we returned to The Victoria Hotel for an Easter Sunday high tea. As loyal clients we have being returning to this venue for almost forty years but Sunday was our first visit since the hotel changed hands last year. We need not have been concerned as thankfully it was "business as usual" with delicious food served by the great long serving staff and at very fair prices.
Thank you one and all and boy is it a relief that we can continue to enjoy this superb establishment for the years to come. Well done to all the team and keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Only visit for the meals so sorry I cannot really comment.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Hi John G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this lovely review following your recent visit to our restaurant! As a family run business, customer satisfaction is vital.
We appreciate all of your kind comments and are thrilled you and your family had such a pleasant visit once again and thoroughly enjoyed your high tea with us.
Thank you again for your lovely comments, which i have passed on to all of the staff here and we look forward to welcoming you again!