“Coffee and cake”

Art Cafe
Ranked #14 of 73 Restaurants in Glenrothes
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Lovely coffee house. Great selection of home made cakes available. Always made to feel welcome. Can park at the door

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our cafe, we look forward to welcoming you back any time,

kindest regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Industrial estates are usually the domain of takeaway vans so I was surprised to find the highest rated coffee shop in Glenrothes was a cafe in the rear of an art gallery in the middle of one.

My elderly father - who only lives 0.5 miles away - wasn't even aware the Art Cafe existed so I took him along there for lunch, and to show him that his neighbourhood wasn't limited to a certain chain restaurant at the Bankhead roundabout.

The cafe itself isn't large, with only ~10 tables, and we arrived for lunch to find that there was only one table not occupied or reserved, which was a good sign.

We had the soup (potato, leek & courgette) and sandwich combo, which was enough to fill us up, and with a coffee this only came to about £7 each, which I don't think is too bad considering it was home made and of a high quality. My father even remarked that he didn't think he liked courgettes but enjoyed the soup so they must be doing something right.

As the cafe is inside an art gallery the decor is the works of art for sale and these became the talking point of our lunch, so much so that my father has now arranged to go again with my artist uncle to show him "his" new discovery.

In all, the Art Cafe is probably the best place in the south of Glenrothes to go for a coffee and a catch up

Hello,

Many thanks for your kind words about our cafe, I am delighted both you and your father enjoyed the new discovery.

We are putting wheels in motion at present to expand the seating area to hopefully cope with demand.

We look forward to seeing you and your father again.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Lovely waitress (Louisa) helped us to decide what to have. Everything looked so tempting...all home made & you just cant beat it! The scones we had were delicious & rasberry jam tasted just like my granny used to make. Nice & quiet place to eat.... we hate big noisy restaurants/cafes & this was just perfect. Will definitely return for more of the same. Well done cook & waiting staff.

Hello,

Many thanks for leaving such a lovely review - I will be sure to pass on thanks from yourself and I to the team for making your trip such a good one.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Nice breakfast menu, and helpful staff. Bacon rolls to be recommended. Slightly pricey but worth it. Nice cafe setting as well

Hello,

I am glad to here we managed to start your day off with a top notch breaky

Thank you for taking the time to review the art cafe and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are free

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Came here last Saturday with my mum and sister. We all had soup I had the minestrone it was packed with veg and absolutely delightful. My mum and sister had the tomato and red pepper soup and they loved it. I had the soup and sandwich deal and had an egg sandwich the egg mayonnaise was delicious and I could tell it had been freshly made. I wouldn't say it's the cheapest of cafes however it is worth it as the food Is so good. Will definitely be back!!

Gordon R, Owner at Art Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Hello Rosemary,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to post this lovely review. We are delighted to hear of your fabulous experience - I will be sure to make sure the team know what a great job they are doing :-)

We look forward to welcoming you all back next time.

Kindest Regards,