“Tasty Chicken Piri Piri and Good Service”
Review of 43 Main Street

43 Main Street
Ranked #12 of 76 Restaurants in Glenrothes
Price range: US$19 - US$57
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2017

I booked a table for four for a Sunday lunch at 12.30.
We arrived at 12.00.
Michelle and her staff was kind letting us into the restaurant half hour before the time. (before they opened) Misunderstanding from our side.
Our drinks order was taken and within a couple of minutes we had our drinks.
We then placed our food order.
All the dishes was freshly prepared and tasteful.
The chicken piri piri is still my favourite.
The restaurant was spotless clean and so was the toilet.
Highly recommended and we will go back.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Went for a business lunch with 3 colleagues as we had exhausted all the other places in the local area of Glenrothes.
A nice quaint place and the welcome was very food.
The starters were all very good and the main courses were of very high quality and all four of us enjoyed our food.
The waitress was nice and friendly too.
We were the only party there at this particular lunchtime which we were surprised by after tasting the food. We will definitely be back for lunch at some point.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife decided to book a table after being highly recommended to do so by friends. We were first greeted by an ensemble of staff willing to help ( we truly were getting 5 star service ) we were then escorted to our table in a cosy wee corner. There was a large variety of food on offer both me and my wife struggled to pick as everything that was on it looked so good. We both decided to order starters I had the goats cheese mouse and my wife had the festive scotch egg with both came beautifully presented and very quickly ( roughly 10-15 minuets ).We then had the smoked black pig, which was highly recommended by our lovely what I presume senior member of staff who was very knowledgeable on all the food and drink, and it was absolutely delicious. I’m normally not a pork person as well. Then too full by all our beautiful food we were
going to pass on deserts but saw one of the waiting staff walk past with what looked like a appetising desert, so me and my wife decided to share we got the texture of apples and it was so yummy a brilliant end to a stunning night. All in all I would recommend this resteraunt to anyone looking for a sophisticated evening. altho the food was expensive is was worth every penny as the staff were extremely attentive and the food such high quality.

Can’t wait to go back with all the family!

2  Thank eastonpeter9535
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Visited here on Saturday night with friends and family first impressions were very positive and the restaurant was warm and welcoming. Starter was amazing I had the festive scotch egg which was wonderful and had the Beef Bourguignon for Main course.....WOW what a treat and to finish I had the deconstructed black cherry triffle something you don’t get any where else! The staff was very attentive and professional couldn’t do enough for you. What a fantastic place to go couldn’t recommend it enough!

3  Thank sandra_1670
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We ate here as it came recommended. It was a last minute decision to eat out, and if I had been aware of how it was, I would have preferred a sandwich from the local garage.
On entry we were told we could eat but they would need the table back in 1.5 hours as they were booked up. Saturday night this is expected and we were ok with this. We stated we were only in for a main course and away again.
The lady serving seemed stuck up and very unapproachable. Her look of disgust and the shrug off statement "no, we like to do what nobody else does" when we asked if we could have carrots with our dinner.
We ordered quickly and waited 30 minutes for our food. Again this was a bit long but we were ok with this. Just kept thinking it'll be worth the wait, judging by the reviews.
We ordered the beef bla bla bla (steak pie with mushrooms and pickled onions) and an extra side of chips as we were both starving. What came was the size of a starter and a very tiny basket of frozen chips (literally 8 chips....we counted). I asked the young boy waiter if the other half of the order was still to come. I then explained for the price i was hoping for a proper adult sized main meal. Not being trained adequately in customer service. He said nothing and ran away.
I was ready to walk out there and then but then with my partner not being one for confrontation, we ate the tiny portion.
The tiny portion tasted good....as in, not excellent, but not the worst. Definitely had better.
When the young (girl) waitress came to clear plates and ask how it was, I explained I was very disappointed with the portion size for the cost. She said nothing and scampered away. She later returned with the bill and left it on the table. As I was paying with card and had not been asked how I was paying and with no sign of a staff member coming for collection I walked to the bar to pay. I again told the 3 members of staff at the bar how dissatisfied I was and the lack of customer service I was receiving was making it worse. Still nothing said.

We left and visited the local chippy to get the main course to go with our very average starter.

We paid £43 for 2 starters, 8 chips, a coke and an irn bru.

The place was freezing cold and the step at the exit was a hazard and an accident waiting to happen if not already.

We will definitely not be returning!

7  Thank cheryllianne