“Fantastic ”

Toby's Fish & Chip Shop
Ranked #16 of 76 Restaurants in Glenrothes
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

What a wee gem of a fish restaurant. We went with our son, daughter in law and granddaughter. Absolutely beautiful fish and chips. The fish was truly scrumptious. Wish they done gluten free so our daughter could enjoy it too. But def 10/10.

1  Thank lorny7

Reviewed 19 September 2016

One of several visits since discovering Toby's earlier this year. Always enjoyed a good outcome of quality, service and value.
Have visited as couple, with friends and once with whole family (11)!
Recommend without hesitation.

1  Thank guajiroStar
Reviewed 13 September 2016

comfortable surroundings great fish supper plus others to choose from on menu decent prices freindly staff home from home cooking

Reviewed 18 July 2016

As a family we have visited this chippy a few times. Last visit unfortunately will not be back and certainly wont be recommending to anyone. Fish & chips was served in sit down area to myself & husband. I was astonished when the server served mine. Honestly the portion of chips with my fish was a joke. My husband counted around 6 chips on my plate the rest was just scraps a very small portion of scraps at that. When we complained the manageress's attitude was disgusting. My kids had a bigger portion. I said we have been here many times before and never been served a portion like that. I was told by the manageress that the other girls told her the owner is buying in more expensive potatoes so cut back the size of the portions of chips. However they still charge you the same amount of money for less food. On this visit the fish was like a reheat. Manageress needs to learn how to deal with customer satisfaction as her attitude was zero. When asked look at the difference between these two portions of chips which was very plain to see her answer was that she could not see a difference, she was just being smart as even my kids noticed the difference. All in all will not be returning to this establishment and will not recommend to anyone. Owner keep on telling your staff to take chips off customers plates and serve them miniscule portions you will soon lose business.

1  Thank Angela P
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Always fresh I like my steak pies in the microwave and not the oven I always get what, you will get plenty of chips and their fish is good too not small like some other chip shops you can eat if you prefer they have a small cafe style room attached to the chipshop.