“Another great Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Dunfermline Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Dunfermline
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed here on business and enjoyed my stop over. I didn’t realise the hotel was on a Retail Park which was a nice surprise and meant I had a good choice of places to eat and drink within very close proximity.

The check in was good, there was a problem with the system which made check in slower than normal but it wasn’t a problem. The receptionist was friendly, chatty and helpful.

My room was a family room so a very decent size. My only grumble was that the room was cold when I arrived and same when I came back in from my evening meal. I put the heating on but it took a while for the room to get warm. I also found my room to be quite noisy due to the hotel being close to the motorway. It wasn’t a huge problem but loud cars/lorries going past woke me up a few nights in the night.
I liked that I was given a choice of pillows; either firm or soft – another good idea by Premier Inn.

I had a continental breakfast at the Brewers Fayre which is opposite the hotel – the staff there were very friendly and the breakfast options were great, very well stocked and fresh.

All in all, it was a good stay and I’d use the hotel again but perhaps I’d ask for a front facing room.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms could be quieter as the motorway is at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pinklady1410

Reviewed 1 May 2012

This was our second stay here in the past two years. This time we brought other family members with us as attended a cousin's Ruby Wedding Party in Leslie. Great budget hotel located on a leisure park which has a bowling complex and restaurants. We felt safe staying here and had a great stay. The Crooked Glen pub (Brewers Fayre chain) located directly opposite from reception. The restaurant served good food at reasonable price and staff were excellent. Hotel has free WiFi for 30 minutes each day which can be extended for a small fee. Hotel is Ideally located as a base for travelling around Fife. Hotel staff were lovely and friendly. Izelle on reception was brilliant and has a great sense of humour especially when dealing with a bunch of middle aged Taffs! Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms look the same and were clean and decorated in a modern style. We stayed on second floor n...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Nice staff, exeptional staff in the resturant next door, very manorable and pleasant. Easy to find and central location for southern fife, good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Raymond-Blanc
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We chose to stay at this Premier Inn as we were looking for a cheap overnight stay en route to Edinburgh airport - we were travelling from the north of Scotland and didn't want to risk an early start because of wintry weather. The hotel is situated in the middle of a retail park with cinema, restaurants and shops and is only a 20 minute drive to the airport. It was by far cheaper than any of the similar Edinburgh budget hotels (including Premier Inn), and the staff were generally very friendly and helpful. The "eat all you can" breakfast option was particularly welcome, especially as our two teenage children ate for free.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We booked at £29 for an overnight stay on the way back from holiday. The hotel is located on a leisure park on the outskirts of Dunfermline and has 61 rooms on 2 floors. There is a Brewer’s Fayre directly across the road and a McDonald’s and Frankie and Benny’s nearby.

We arrived at 22.30 and were allocated Room 39. Good size room, spotlessly clean and so much better than the Dunfermline Travelodge. We had a family room with double bed and sofa bed. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows as there were extra ones already in the room. We had a good night’s sleep.

There was a desk with CRT TV above, mirror and hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities with additional supplies available from reception. There was ample hanging and shelf space for a couple of days.

The room was quite cool and adjusting the thermostat according to the instructions in the room didn’t make any difference so it was just as well we like a cool room for sleeping. We didn’t complain as we arrived very late and doubted that anything could be done at that time of night although we could have asked for a different room if it had been a major problem.

The bathroom was spotless and in good order with toilet, sink and shower over the bath. Liquid soap and shower gel was provided from dispensers on the wall. The only complaint was that the fan in the bathroom keeping running for at least 5 minutes after the light was turned off. Didn’t bother me, but disturbed the other half.

There is wifi available which is payable and expensive at £5 for an hour. However there is free wifi available at Brewer’s Fayre. Breakfast is also available there at £7.99 for the full buffet and £5.25 for a Continental breakfast. Breakfast is free for under 16’s with a full paying adult staying at the Premier Inn.

All the staff we encountered were really nice and friendly, asking if we had a nice stay.

I would have no hesitation in staying at this Premier Inn in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunfermline
0.9 km away
Garvock House Hotel
#3 of 12 in Dunfermline
7.4 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh -...
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry

Been to Premier Inn Dunfermline Hotel? Share your experiences!