“Great night stay”

Davaar House Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Dunfermline
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed at Davaar house for one night on Business. The hotel was spotless and the breakfast was fantastic, the best poach eggs i have ever had.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 November 2011

It is a small and really friendly hotel. Jim is so friendly and Doreen's food is amazing I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very clean and comfortable room. Great Place to stay

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2011

This is the 3rd time i have stayed at Jim & Doreen's Hotel and it never fails to amaze me how friendly and warm the reception my wife Helen and i receive each time we visit.
Doreen the food is superb as always and Jim your humour and wit is outstanding.
The rooms are always top notch and both Jim and Doreen cannot do enough for you.
I would never look elsewhere than the Davaar House Hotel when staying in Dunfermline.
Look after yourselfs and we look forward to seeing you on our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Well fellow reviewers, this is the first time I'm actually reviewing a place whilst there.
Its a small hotel in residential street as people have previously pointed out.
Well I'm a field engineer, so my review is based on my needs and requirements. I have hectic, stress filled, long days from hell usually. Therefore I do NOT want some bloody rubbish Ikea like dump full of people vomiting everywhere and loud music. If thats want you want stay elsewhere.
I'd like to say its awful, the staff are rude and ignorent and the food poisonous; that way I can stay here again without the hoards booking the place up.
But I can't, the owners are helpful to the point of it makes me a little embarresed, I can NOT for the life of me remember when, as I struggled through the main door dragging laptops, bag, etc that the owner opened the door for me; I damn near fell through the door in shock. Most hotels the receptionist would sneer at my feeble efforts to gain entry; ignoring the fact I've already been working 16 bloody hrs.
The room is fine, the food lovely, and I love the total peace and quiet; oh yes and the house wine is actually very nice.
I will stay here again, I will recommend my friends stay here; but the rest of you can get ripped and stay at the local travel lodge/premier inn horror eating premade dross food at some awful fateater/brewers fart generic chain.
Take your pick, local style with excellent service and food; or be a sheep. My recommendation is make the effort, and chance it

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Very nice, Jim was so friendly and accommodating - spacious, clean comfortable room, handy for town and extremely tasty cooked scottish breakfast - very good! Lovely old house too!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple