“Disappointing”
Review of The Canalside

The Canalside
Ranked #21 of 196 Restaurants in Falkirk
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Description: A Gastro Pub feel, right on your doorstep. Our bright, modern 80 seater restaurant on the outskirts of Falkirk offers classic dishes with a contemporary twist. We can offer: • Gastro-style dishes cooked on our hot charcoal oven • 18+ bar with full sports packages on our three 50-inch screens • Live music every weekend • Hearty breakfasts, served daily from 9 – 11.30 am • Regular Chef’s Specials showcasing both the best in local and international cuisine
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Have had quite a few meals and up till now we have been pleased with the food and prompt service. To day though I had a meal with chips. Lovely meal but the chips were inedible. It looked like they had been lying and then put in the fryer again. If someone had asked me during the meal if I was happy Iwould have complained, but that didn’t happen. I don’t know which I was annoyed at most- that the chef thought that they were acceptable- or that the waitress did. I did however complain when the waitress cleared our plates At the checkout nobody mentioned it, and I had to ask if they had been taken off my bill , as indeed they had. An apology was given after I explained that ‘no, everything was not alright ‘ I have to say that I’m hoping it was a one-off thing, because we really like the restaurant .

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank EM7777

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Very nice renovated pub. Food is good with good portion size. Food was delivered much faster than the last time I ate here. Service very good.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I have ate at this restaurant a few times, I have had breakfast, lunch & dinners here. The food has always been very good and good value for money, the staff are very approachable and nothing is to much trouble, it is a lovely restaurant & very clean. They cater very well for children & I have always felt very welcomed. I will certainly keep coming back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Came here for breakfast, very impressed with the quality of food, friendly staff and prices were ok, would certainly be coming back

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Went for a two course meal with wine included. This had been a gift given as a birthday present and we had not eaten here before. Staff were lovely and very helpful and polite and the venue was clean and well kept. Our meals were tasty and the presentation was superb. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and will return again.

Date of visit: September 2018