“Excellent food”

Canada Wood Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #5 of 179 Restaurants in Falkirk
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Canada Wood Kitchen and Bar is Falkirk's Newest Restaurant. Situated only 5 mins from Falkirk town centre, you will feel like you are a million miles away from it all with views over the Forth Valley across to the Ochil Hills. The Falkirk Wheel, Helix Park and the stunning Kelpies are all a short drive away of only 5-10 mins. Serving Breakfast, Lunch and evening meals with food locally sourced and the highest quality. We hope to see you at the restaurant soon.
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Excellent food and service. Everything I tried from my friends and family's plates were very good. Excellent tablet ice-cream. Very nice setting and beautiful views of countryside.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed had ploughman's lunch never seen anything like it the cheese was disgusting dirty drink stained menu on table salt dish was all broken staff no very happy and the cost was ridiculous you can get a three course dinner at the cladden for less and that's excellent so we will not b back and I don't think you'll find much formidable on menu my daughter ended up with cake for lunch

Monica S, Owner at Canada Wood Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Hi Linda, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Upon investigating your comments, I have spoken to our team at length and cannot seem to place your visit. Our ploughman's deli board is a huge favourite and we never have an issue with this. If you had brought this to our attention on the day we would certainly have changed it for something more to your liking. We are very proud of the menu we offer and our pricing reflects the quality of produce we use. All our dishes are fresh and made to order and our lovely team are more than happy to accommodate. Again, if you had stated that your daughter was perhaps struggling to find something to her liking we would have happily adapted a dish to suit. It does sound like we are not the kind of place you like to frequent so perhaps establishments that offer multiple courses for set prices is more suited to your taste.

Kind Regards
Monica

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I was a solo visitor mid afternoon on a busy Saturday so I expected to wait for a table. In fact I was found a table near the loos which I was ok with.

Service after that was appalling. Long waits between courses and different staff dealing with me. The person who looked to be in charge seemed to have an attitude issue, not just with myself but other customers. Everything seemed to be a hassle for her.

My platter served on wood was pleasant enough though high priced, and the coffee was good, but the cake was disappointing and cheap tasting without the ingredients you expect for the price. As a regular home baker now and previously a teacher of cake and confectionery skills I feel entitled to have an opinion. Other places in the area do better.

A genuine smile or two would have made up for some of the shortcomings.

However you can't beat the location. Lovely setting and nice outside on a sunny day.

Hi Liz,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit with us. I have looked back over the last 3 Saturdays reconciliation to find your table along with asking the staff if they remember your visit. I, myself have been on every Saturday too and don't recall a solo visitor sitting in the lounge area. Any additional details that you could provide would be a great help to allow us to verify and rectify your concerns. We are very passionate about what we do and take all feedback very seriously, however we do from time to time get people putting on unjust, untrue reviews, for example one very similar to your own was posted a few days previously. I hope you can understand that we do not want to have any unhappy customers and genuinely strive to do our best. I would be very grateful if you could contact me at- monica@canadawoodkitchen.com to discuss the matter further.

Kind Regards
Monica

Reviewed 13 August 2017

They really should state, party's of one are not welcome! My husband and son were on the mountain bike track, while I was planning on relaxing with a coffee and cake till they returned, I was told they didn't have any tables, which I could quite clearly see there was. I was then told I could have a small table in the middle, but only for 40 minutes! I declined and left. I did not want to be timed on how long I could stay, feeling uncomfortable by rude and unfriendly staff, especially the manager. The couple behind me were on the other half were offered a table!! They would have actually had the custom of three, as my son and husband would have joined me afterwards. This is not the first time I have felt unwelcome by the staff (manger) My husband and son again on the bike track, while I went in for a coffee and cake, no one came to take an order from me, larger tables orders were taken, I was ignored, the manger even cleaned the table next to me, but still I sat waiting, until I eventually I went up to the counter, confused into wondering if it was table service or counter service. It is quite clear to me they are only interested in a larger groups, or couples who they obviously think may spend more money, but the sad thing is, I could be up there every week while my boys go around the mountain bike track, and they would also come in for a bite, or drink, but I will take my custom elsewhere, where I am made to feel welcome, on my own or not.

1  Thank _roslyn95
Monica S, Owner at Canada Wood Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hi Roslyn, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience with us yesterday. I'm sure you can appreciate that Sunday afternoons are extremely busy and when you came in the restaurant was full. The empty tables were set up for bookings that were due to arrive, however I did offer you a table in the restaurant for a coffee, stating we'd need it back in 40 minutes which I believe is ample time to enjoy a coffee while your husband and son are on the bike trails. We normally only offer the lounge area or outside for coffee at peak times but out of courtesy we tried our best to accommodate you. At absolutely no point was I or any of our staff rude to you, we gave you 2-3 different options which you declined. To leave several unjust reviews on public platforms as a result of being unsatisfied with these options is unfair.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This is a good place for coffee and cake / lunch or dinner. We often walk our dog in the woods and then call in for lunch or coffee. The service is friendly and efficient. The food is delicious and freshly prepared. I would highly recommend this place.