All reviews value for money ground floor train station town centre comfortable room double bed stayed here for nights function toiletries
Reviewed 5 September 2018

This was originally booked for a one night stay following a concert in Stirling. I managed to get a hotel closer to the gig, so asked to change this to the following week. Over the 'phone that was no problem, but upon arrival there was no record of having paid, let alone altered the dates. Our second payment was quickly refunded when the original booking was found a little later.
A major problem is the lift is up 33 stairs, and although not a problem when booked, it quickly became one for my girlfriend who had damaged her ankle, and was using crutches. But this is only a problem for the walking wounded.
The staff were really helpful the following morning when my g/f became ill, and needed to go to the hospital, offering to show us how to get there in my car. Sat Nav solved that problem.
Yes, this is a noisy hotel where the doors need to be adjusted not to slam, and it does need a refurb, but the price should be a clue and we did not expect 5 star luxury.
The receptionist was helpful, the bar staff friendly and the customers in the pub spoke politely to me. For a one night stay in a Budget Hotel this was good enough.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Staff are rude, hotel is a mess. Do not stay here unless you enjoy being abused by the rude couple who own this hotel. The hotel is very dated, and any issue you raise just gets dismissed as if there's nothing wrong. Stay anywhere in Falkirk that isn't here.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
youern0472, Front Office Manager at Antonine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Yes you did raise issues they were all sorted with you in the room and within 5 mins TV did not work we switched it on the owner was never rude and went directly to the room with you and was nothing but pleasant

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Only stayed one night as we were passing through Falkirk on the John Muir Way, found the service friendly enough on check in / out, but didn’t see any staff apart from this during the rest of our stay. Our room was located up 2 flights of stairs and you had to walk along 2 long corridors but room was clean and tidy and did us for nights stay over. The hotel is dated and is in need of some TLC and an update however you get what you pay for so cant really complain. For any future guest, don’t expect this hotel to be like the Ritz, it’s a budget hotel for a reason. PS – there is a lovely Italian restaurant which is facing the front of this hotel and serves lovely traditional Italian dishes, would highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I’m not one to complain I always try to find the best out of hotel’s however I can’t find anything decent to say, I arrived on Friday afternoon and they couldn’t find us on the system, I had arranged for a fan and was told they were all out, I was told they would look around for one but couldn’t guarantee this, thankfully they did find one and it did it’s job, went into the room it was clean till I saw some dust all over the lamp on the table, I was expecting a lovely view but all we gonna t was the rooftop of the building next door, and the seagulls they were noisy as they were nesting on the roof, I thought I would grab an hr with the tv before I head out for the nighttime the free view wasn’t tuned fully and wasn’t able to watch many channels. So after I returned from my night out I wasn’t able to sleep much the first night, sadly due a hard bed also to the seagulls and the fellow neighbours banging doors all night it was a nightmare, (the doors wouldn’t be like that if they change the lock system). The next day I went away the entire day and returned for a second nights I had left a note for cleaner to leave me 2 extra pillows and they weren’t there, secondly my sleep again was hampered sadly due to the same thing didn’t get too much sleep, on the Sunday I went away for a day and came back to find out my room hadn’t been cleaned, I tried to find someone however there was no one around so I just left it and returned to the room, the final night again didn’t get much sleep again.

In conclusion very clean for the age of the hotel, to improve the hotel they need to invest in new beds, and need to get in touch with a locksmith and change the door system, finally they need to get an expert in for the sea gull issue, for a budget hotel it’s ok for one night but for multiple nights, I would pay the extra and go to a premier inn, I’ve gone with a poor review and not terrible as I can see improvements that can be made and if they did that make a decent budget hotel

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently visited Falkirk and used the hotel as a Base. You basically get what you pay for, the hotel is a basic clean no frills hotel. The room is clean but quite basic.(There is a pub built into the hotel but we didn't hear anything from our room on the third floor. Due to stairs the hotel is not wheelchair friendly. The Hotel is ideally for access to the town centre and Falkirk Grahamston train station (five minute walk). I don't think that there is a restaurant at the hotel but I guess that you can eat in the pub.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple