“A pre birthday lunch/Christmas menu”
Review of Chianti

Chianti
Ranked #10 of 185 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Hmm. My wife and sister arranged a last minute lunch. Usually very good here. She came back feeling let down. Has something changed? An example was a slither of banoffee pie. A token desert. Another recent reviewer suggested same.
Makes me wonder if table for 6 this Sunday we have is a good idea......

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Visited on a Wednesday night. My husband and son always get the calmari starter but it has now changed - it is now regular rings which always shouts out frozen to me. They said it was still edible but nowhere near as good as it used to be. For mains they got steaks which they said were good. I had chicken in a mushroom sauce which was awful - heavy floury taste, I ate it but it was unpleasant. The vegetables that came were mostly carrot and turnip and three tiny bits of potato. Just as well we ordered chips as three side plates overflowing with turnip and carrot was unappetising- they were also tasteless and not very warm. When taking the order the waiter never asked how they wanted their steaks - my husband rushed after him when he realised, there was no apology.
Standards are not what they once were, they seem to have cut corners on quality. I would have complained but it was my son's birthday and didn't want to spoil the occasion.
Can't see us risking it again.

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We had our Christmas lunch today at Chianti which was absolutely delicious. There was a good choice on the Christmas menu and the waiters were very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Visited on Sat evening, great ambience, delicious food and attentive staff. All made for a lovely evening...

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

First time here with my younger sister and her son. Loved the menu and food was spot on service was great and could not fault the visit at all