See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I have stopped in the double room together with the wife and the little son. £40/ night. Not the most awful place for this money. Room was there was quite clean, a bed new. In the room everything worked: water, heating, TV, teapot... Remaining in this hotel it is necessary to understand that he has not 5 stars, it is usual cheap hotel for one night.

Room tip: take the room with a shower cabin in the room
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a cheap accommodation for one night in Falkirk to not need to put our tent up in the rain. The only free room payable was in this „hotel“. I know it’s on a budget, but I traveled a lot on a budget and this is disgusting. The 24/7 reception is for minutes unmanned. Because you need to leave your keys when you’re going out, you wait long time to be on your room again. The whole hotel corridors are old and also the colorful doors of shared showers and toilets don’t do it better. The room itself has an undefined bad smell and I wanted to go away really fast but we already payed. The room is very basic and small, but this is ok. But the carpet isn’t clean and old. The light next to the bed was defect. The en-Suite was more like a shower cabinet within a toilet. You hadn’t a soap in their. Also very old and used. The tv was ok, but you get your remote at the reception without all buttons and taped. We hadn’t our window open because of the highway and because the car park was just next to our room. The bed was ok, white and clean. But I cannot sleep because all is itchy. Don’t know if it’s because of the hygienic or of my psyche. But never wanted to leave earlier without a shower and to spend the night in our tent in the rain more like this night.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

This was so basic and the stench was so foul on arrival I wanted to drive home, if I wasn't so exhausted after the day long standing at the event. GUTTED I HAD TO VOTE A 1! Not even a bar of soap or kettle in the room. BASICS!! Why bother with WiFi if you can't even do that?

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Hospitality nil, we were greeted with the stench of urine as we opened the door to our room. We immediately asked for a refund and were told we don't give them. They take your money knowing your going to leave and they get to resell the room! The portaloos were covered in human excrement! Yes it's a budget hotel but there's nothing mentioned on the site about this (see pictures) Avoid and pay a little extra to stay over the road. This was our 1st holiday to Scotland and it was cut short due to this. You wouldn't let an animal stay in this.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Worst hotel I’ve ever seen.

I have worked in the hospitality industry for many years. I know that when you stay in a Marriott or other big chain you can expect more services and facilities in your room than a budget hotel; but the levels of cleanliness should not be any different. This is where metro inns fail to meet my expectations. I

The room I had was very basic with literally a double bed, single bunk bed, tv and sink. That’s all that’s in the room but I would say this is acceptable considering the price you pay per night. (I believe they have superior rooms with more facilities but can’t comment on that.)

My gripe with this hotel is the cleanliness. The room was filthy. The carpet is black with dirt. I would have no gripe if there was rips or worn patches of carpet (its £24.50 a night, you can’t expect brand new everything in the room, they have got to make money some how), but the carpet is clearly not cleaned. It should be hovered daily and cleaned professionally at least once a year, this carpet, as shown in my photos below it is beyond cleaning now. I refused to walk on it without shoes.

The biggest issue I had was the fact there was blood on the light fitting! That is vile. This is not a safe environment to sleep in.

The linen itself was clean with spotless white sheets and towels but these are obviously cleaned by a professional laundry company and not by the hotel themselves as there is no way the staff that present rooms in this state can clean linen to that standard. But the bed was the most uncomfortable thing I’ve ever slept on. I personally am a very deep sleeper and can sleep on anything normally; not at the metro inn. I literally woke numerous times through the night and when I woke up at 4am, I decided just to get up. This is when I realised I had the most terrible back pain caused by the bed provided. I literally had to take 2 cocodamol to get out of bed as I couldn’t even sit up for the pain.

Frankly any hotel be it a Marriott, Hilton, Ritz-Carlton, Travelodge etc or a metro inn, they need to provide 2 things; a clean room & an adequate bed. Metro Inns failed to provide both and frankly I would rather stay under a bridge for a night than to sleep in this property again.

AVOID THIS PROPERTY AT ALL COSTS!!!

Date of stay: June 2018