“Excellent authentic Italian lunch”
Review of Gambero Rosso

Gambero Rosso
Ranked #8 of 189 Restaurants in Falkirk
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Description: Firmly at the top of the list of Central Scotland's best Italian restaurants, it's our unique canal-side location, warm welcome, genuine Italian dishes made from the best ingredients, fine wine and regular entertainment that all adds up to make Gambero Rosso so atmospheric. It's like a Little Venice. Gambero Rosso, winners of the Restaurant of the Year 2016
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We lunched here with one of our sons and his two young children when spending a day out at the main attractions in Falkirk. It is in a rather odd location, but they are very welcoming of families, with a varied menu. Our choices included excellent pizzas and a couple of pasta dishes, all of which were sizeable and full of flavour.

2  Thank One_of_the_BOFs

Reviewed 3 April 2017

3rd time at Gamberro Rosso. Welcoming staff, lovely restaurant and excellent food. I had pesto chicken tagliatelle - they make your dish with whichever pasta you prefer. Husband had Pizza and we had sides of onion rings and sautéed mushrooms - lots of them. All delicious. Planning on going back soon for family celebration. Place looks beautiful and great location for centre of town - no need for taxis etc. Definitely worth a visit. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank JMFalkirk
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

First time back since it reopened for a wee family gathering (12 of us) on 02/04/17. Again not dissapointed with the service or the food. First Class greeting especially to both grannies on arrival, was a nice wee touch, as well as the interaction with the two younger family members. Everyone seemed to enjoy their food and the atmosphere. All in all a very nice friendly busy Italian restaurant with excellent fare.

2  Thank cobblebairn
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

6 of us got a last minute table at this lovely restaurant, right next to the canal. Really nice open planed place, which had a nice atmosphere about it....as for the food I couldn't really complain about the quality and portion sizes, only grumble was they forgot to put my order through for chips and veg which came at different times from my chicken dish (which was very tasty)! Over all good friendly service, and tasty food for reasonable price and would defo go back to this place when we are through that way again!

1  Thank 760donc
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

My partner and I planned to visit but unfortunately the member of staff we spoke to on the phone was really unhelpful and unwilling to accommodate for my vegan diet. He asked "what does she normally eat?" and then said we could come if we wanted but that it was "very difficult to do" and that I could have a risotto but "it wouldn't taste like much". I think this is hugely disappointing and suggests a total lack of imagination and poor customer service. I've been vegan for almost a year now and eat out regularly and have never experienced anywhere as dismissive. Think I'll give the tasteless risotto a miss.

2  Thank megandoc90