“Great atmosphere, good food, poor service”
Review of Behind The Wall

Behind The Wall
Reserve with OpenTable
Behind The Wall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 180 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I've came here a number of times as it's probably the most "in" restaurant Falkirk has to offer. It comes with an excellent menu choice and a lively atmosphere - although the bar can get quite loud and busy on the weekends (which you can sort of hear in the dining area, or at least where I was sitting) so if you're looking for a quiet dinner for 2 maybe this place isn't for you.

On my last visit I ordered the Southern Fried Fish Burger and whilst it was absolutely delicious and has opened my eyes to the idea of eating fish burgers more often, there wasn't even half a portion of fish in the sandwich. Including both the top and bottom bun, there was easily a 4:1 ratio of bun to fish which is pretty damn horrific if you ask me. I have a pretty small appetite to begin with and this is the only time I have ever left a restaurant after finishing my meal and still felt hungry. I'm happy to pay mid-range prices but one thing I do expect to feel full after a meal!

The only good thing about the service was that I received the food I ordered - easily spent half an hour trying to catch the attention of our waitress to ask for another drink which I finished 5 minutes into my meal, but ended up having to sit and wait for my ice to melt so I could have another sip. I understand that weekends are always bound to be busy, but it's only polite to check on the people you're serving at least once during the meal.

I would have given this place a pass for the poor meal and rated them 4 stars because it is somewhere I will continue to come back to, but honestly when I'm going out for dinner I appreciate being checked on after I've received my meal at least once - otherwise I might as well go to a fast food restaurant.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I have been going to btw now for years & can honestly say I have never had a bad meal, one of my favourite places to eat. Have seen the menu change over the years but the old favourites are still there, usually get the nachos, chilli madness or between the sheets, love love love it. They have an extensive cocktail list now as well which we try to go through but there is to many to chose from, would Defo recommend a raspberry kiss or a Salerno, lush.

Can’t wait until our next visit, thanks for making someone very happy xx

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Ok food and ok service! We ordered some nice Tex-Mex. Menu is huge and plenty of good things.

When you are in Falkirk and need a greasy bite pop in!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Came with friends for a meal and a few drinks. We were given a table in the conservatory which had lovely lighting when we first sat down then they virtually turned the lights off and proceeded to put candles (which gave off no light whatsoever) not the tables. Great service from the waitresses but when the food arrived we had to use the torch on our phones to see what we were eating. Two of my friends including myself ordered the tex mex steak with toasted tortilla and what arrived was 2 floppy wraps, barely toasted with a beef stroganoff inside, eh that’s not Mexican!! It’s supposed to be like fahjita mix. Actually made me sick within the hour and my pal felt dodgy as well. Overpriced and getting by on previous reputation this place I feel. Vodka and lemonade arrived in a massive glass filled to the brim with lemonade drowning out the vodka. Not how they should be served. Nice roasting fire and nice setting but we certainly won’t be back.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Very busy place on a Saturday night out, went there for catching up with my mates. It has various of international alcohol there. Friendly staff and great atmosphere.