“Lambelicious”

Price range: US$10 - US$75
Description: Healthy indian cuisine
Description: Healthy indian cuisine
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Since the demise of Haris, Bukharah has been my local destination of choice for curry. We're not 'starter' people so can't comment on those. I've tried a few mains but alwsys come back to the lamb karahi. The meat is beautifully tender and the dish suits my 'not TOO spicy' palet perfectly. My partner pronounced the tandoori haddock beautiful with a perfect sauce. The paratha is excellent and that's my test of a good chef. Service can be described as a tad bizarre at times though. We were amused to watch waiting staff almost bump into each other as they milled around unoccupied one quiet, early evenng; nevertheless we were served the wrong food and struggled to catch attention to ask for a coffee or the bill! An Asian Fawlty Towers experience? Will definitely be a regular though!

1  Thank Morag C

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I am giving 3 stars only for ambience and service.
Food overall wasn’t very good in taste and quality. I had upset stomach after having lunch here
Chilli garlic chicken we ordered was tomato chicken instead of chilli garlic, was very sour
Chicken wings were disaster.
I would not recommend this as I had food infection and taste wasn’t like an authentic Indian food

1  Thank Aditi P
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Good in parts would sum up this restaurant rather well. Obviously part of a chain since the review contained in the menu refers to it being in Glasgow! Starter (shared) of seekh kebab was well cooked and served with good dips but rather a meagre portion size compared to other places. Mains described on the menu as having thin gravy type sauces were nothing of the sort, suffering from the usual Scottish affliction of thick gloopy sauces instead, really disappointing although the flavours were good. Dal, similarly was thick and gloopy and paratha greasy, not well layered and cut up into pieces (kind of a pet hate of ours).
The actual restaurant is a well decorated enormous room and the staff pleasant enough, however on reflection the bill, even with the removal of charge for the over gloopy dal, was simply too high for the area. Charges such as £3.50 for a couple of popadoms and dips and overall bill (adjusted) of £45 with only one pint of Cobra is high even if the food had been perfect. The experience was further spoiled by a waiter cleaning adjacent empty (of which there were many) banquettes and tables and by another person dragging a huge bin of empty bottles incredibly noisily through the entire length of the premises.
Would we go back? Possibly, on the twelfth OF NEVER!

2  Thank Buster7474
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Had a business lunch out with friends. Although starter was small it was delicious, and the main meal made up for that anyway. Great value, I had biryani, was fab. Had previously been there for a birthday dinner so knew it would be good. Will return soon

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 13 July 2018

After numerous lunchtime visits we finally managed to try the pre theatre menu. We were delighted to find the quality of food and choice were of the same high standard. We started with vegetable pakora with a medium spicy sauce which compliments the flavour. I followed with chicken tikka masala with pilau rice and keema nan and the wife had chicken korma with less cream to her likening. The potions were generous and a bit more than the size of the lunchtime menu. We finished off with gulab jamen icecream and raspberry sauce and malai kulfi. In all a delightful combination good enough to satisfy any palate. The waiters are very attentive and keep you informed of your choices. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates fine dining and quality indian food. Looking forward to my next visit already.

Date of visit: July 2018